Nice climbing guys?

archenemy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because cool and attractive women mean that men have to grow up.

This is an interesting statement.

It makes me think about the whole idea guys have that they have to change for a woman. Well, yeah, in some ways. This happens sometimes a guy acts differently around a chick until he snags her, then he "reverts" back to how he "is" and gets all huffy when the woman is wondering wtf just happened. And sometimes it happens because it really is just time to grow up. And who doesn't want change? What is the option? Stagnation? Not appealing.

Here's an engineer for you.

417px-Brakemanbill.JPG

Bill be a brakeman, not an engineer,

Still he was a good man, that is clear.

Kids said in back was the mountain,

Crazy donkey said it was Rainier.

He works on the train. That's an engineer. It takes an engineer to keep the brakes running smooth.

Most every guy I've climbed with is intellegent, funny, and mature - but when it's time to climb, we mostly talk about stupid shit to unwind. One of my partners wasn't the case...he actaully freaked on our group saying, "why can't we ever have a discussion about literature, all we talk is shit!" To which he was cast from the group. We were nice and didn't set IVAN on him, the only man I know who can talk shit about literature.

My point is, I don't know any guys who are "pigs," and it's been my exeperience that the vast majority of single climber girls is either the crag pass-around, or someone with something to prove, or a lot of unsorted baggage.

It must be a matter of perspective and over-generalizing. But I've hardly met any real assholes. Which begs the question, "who is the problem with? You...or everyone else".

why is the lamb foaming at the mouth????

mike--the problem is with everyone else--duh!!!

what a horrible characterization. crag passaround? -- yeah there are no guys that fall into that category, none at all. something to prove? -- half the guys that climb have something to prove, to themselves, to their bettys, to the other guys they climb with --- testosterone doesn't ever lead to anything like that does it?? unsorted baggage? layton--you're one to be talking about that, you seem to have plenty.

i know plenty of women who climb because they like it and for no other reason. shit. every now and then the board makes me even more glad i'm with the person i married. you people depress me

Cragpassaround. Makes for kind of a cool word. CPA?

Archie, you've been doing an awful lot of whining about being intimidated by younger chicks (a very relative term, depending on one's age and outlook) while telling all the guys here to grow up. Hmmmmmmmm.

I like to focus on what's on my own plate, ie, the mirror, even if it's not fillet mignon. I couldn't give less of a shit about other guys, other than to enjoy their company, have fun, and give/receive the occasional anonymous blow job.

As for guys turning into vampires once you get to know them, well, some guys let their hair down right off the bat, but most will tip toe through a mine field to check things out first. You gotsta figure out what role you're playing in all that.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

So I have met so many guys who climb who are hot. But they seem to be pigs. This doesn't seem to happen so much in other sports, sports like engineering, coding, and general nerding. What the fuck is up with that?

I really want to know why the "dirtbag" lifestyle is more attractive than the "holy shit, I think this woman is so cool I believe I will go ahead and give it a try" lifestyle.

Lay it on guys. I want to hear the unvarnished truth.

Hot guys want hot gals who aren't easy.

Since we're generalizing and all....

There's a difference between a slob and a pig. Most men I know (I happen to fall in most of the categories you listed: coding, general nerding, and accounting (I added that one, though)) [Can you tell I like to code with all the punctuation in weird places that don't make any sense?@!] fall under the general "slob" category regardless of profession. A slob just doesn't care if the socks are on the floor, dishes in the sink, etc, etc. A pig, on the other hand, doesn't know any better.

And sometimes it happens because it really is just time to grow up. And who doesn't want change?

WHAT IF YOUR HAPPY WITH THE STATUS QUO? what if you spent a good deal of time to get to that "happy" place for yourself??? This is a pretty arrogant statement that requires a value judgement by the person saying it towards the recipient...this might be part of your problem...

oh, and kids change everything...i would not be where i am right now (for better or worse) if i did not want kids from the beginning...

why is the lamb foaming at the mouth????

mike--the problem is with everyone else--duh!!!

what a horrible characterization. crag passaround? -- yeah there are no guys that fall into that category, none at all. something to prove? -- half the guys that climb have something to prove, to themselves, to their bettys, to the other guys they climb with --- testosterone doesn't ever lead to anything like that does it?? unsorted baggage? layton--you're one to be talking about that, you seem to have plenty.

i know plenty of women who climb because they like it and for no other reason. shit. every now and then the board makes me even more glad i'm with the person i married. you people depress me

Whoa! I'm just talking about the bad ones...I certainly wasn't referring to anyone I know on this board (okay maybe one or two). Every girl I've ran into here, and every guy pretty much (a couple jerks), has been a very nice and geniune person. Don't take what anyone writes on an internet forum to be a refletion of what is actually the truth of the situation.

Face it, girls really don't want nice guys. They say they do, but its a lie. They really want a something a little wild they think they might be able to tame. Just remember wild animals can't be tamed. :)

But they do live longer in captivity.

Face it, girls really don't want nice guys. They say they do, but its a lie. They really want a something a little wild they think they might be able to tame. Just remember wild animals can't be tamed. :)

But they do live longer in captivity.

LOL true, true

She's suddenly beautiful

We all want something beautiful

Man I wish I was beautiful

the timing of this wonderful verse cost me 3 minutes - i had to work to dislodge the fruit piece from mein septum after a giggle fit