Today (only) rope special

billcoe

OP Link Cam #2 for $73. Today only.

http://onedaydeal.net/1climbomatic/

Edit: disclaimer: i've never ordered from these guys, but i hear they can take weeks to ship an order, and are not very responsive.

The reviews i've seen of their service make them seem to be not very reputable/honest. Use at your own risk.

Edited by hemp22

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the last deal that floated through here (think that was you too Hemp, thanks !!)

They were $59 and $69 and the damn things, for some types of routes, absolutely rule IMO.

There has been a report of 1 linkcam having the rivets fall out (with no falls or stress placed on it) posted on RC.com. Linkcam people are all over examining it.

If you only have scratch to buy 1 of the sizes, the #2 is the way to go.

Glad to hear you got a good deal on 'em. Did you get a chance to scratch 'em up last weekend? sorry i missed out on that.

Yeah, I saw that thread about the rivet falling out.

The OP response was the polar opposite of the CCH response to their issue, so it left me with a good feeling still about OP & their cams.

Mine has been weighted in an anchor at least once, but otherwise hasn't really been tested. I'll be sure to check out the rivets next time i get out.

Glad to hear you got a good deal on 'em. Did you get a chance to scratch 'em up last weekend? sorry i missed out on that.

ummm, yeah, the cams were awefriggansome, but the body was weak and not willing...:-(

I'm hoping it's just an early season trip....but it could be an age thing/early season trip coupled with the kinds of climbs I naturally do poorly on (steep climbs).

BUT, the cams were tried out by 3 people on lead (no falls on em, I think that may be due to lack of trust:-) ) and loved by all, with a comment or 2 on the weight.