4 buckle or 3?

fear_and_greed

I just got a pair of these, http://www.bentgate.net/shskbyic.html SuPeR Phat :crazy: powder boards.

With my current light and fast setup I use my Scarpa F1 2 buckle boots, Dynafits, Volkl Nobert Joos 102-70-90, so pretty skinny skis, I have no problems with these boots driving these skis even in deep powder. I plan to use the new boards for more descent oriented playing - cat,snowmobile assisted and probably even heli skiing. I know I'll still be skinning up so I don't want any frankenstein boots and I am skeptical of the hype that says you need a 4 buckle boot to drive a fat ski.

Any informed opinions out there on this?

Edited by fear_and_greed

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the garmont mega-ride no too long ago (4 buckle) and they are great. the performance is great, they ski much more like a standard ski boot, but are still light and tour fine.

depends what you want for performance. my old boots were fine in good conditions but i got sick of the sloppiness in variable conditions.