Mentor for Rainier

Kane

Hello Folks,

Thought I may post this in hopes of finding a mentor. Let me start off by saying I have never climbed a mountain, never really had the chance. Probably because I live in Louisiana, but thats another story. I am not new to climbing all togethor, and climb sport and trad-sport pretty solid up to 5.11. In other words, I am not a lasy fatass you would have to haul up the mountain. Now, I am 18 and this climb would be sometime after May 7, graduation.

I know the best way to do this would be to go through a guiding service, but I really want to do what I can to find one experienced person, who I can follow, and who can show me cramponing, axe use, running belays, self-arrest, glacier travel, and self rescue. Yes, I really know must of the systems already from reading Freedom of the hills, and reading all togethor. If someone would be my mentor or you know of a good candidate, then I would gladly pay for their time, and or pay gas, or whatever.I won't ask someone to do this for free.

Add: I would have all my own gear down to the sunscreen.

Kane,

My email is Kane_schutzman@hotmail.com, or pm for my number.

Edited by Kane

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright,

I signed up for a 5 day seminar on my adams. I am going to be driving there so my schedule is very flexible. In fact, I am making this thing a huge trip, and plan on staying out for a month or two. In this time I hope to climb Rainier and Several other peaks. Anyways, still looking for parnters, I ll be down with the class after July 20th so that may make you more comfortable! Thanks

Edited by Kane