• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gertlush

VIMFF - Anybody go to the alpine evening?

Some good movies on, I liked the one of Ines & Audrey climbing Nemesis quite casually. Plus 'Knowing Andy' was an interesting character study. Kudos to Kelly Cordes for his slideshow, very entertaining but he got his message across as well. Thanks to the organizers if any of them plumb these depths :)

I found the contrast between Coloradan and Slovenian discourse most entertaining: "Okay what you want me to say. We had good climbing. Oh, and the weather good . . . are you done with your spiritual movie now?

Actually I'll second that motion. I got the impression that movie was meant to be shown on the Discovery channel instead.

I liked House's very enthusiastic description of their route: "And then, MAN, we're gonna sh-sh-shoot up there, and get on those hangars, man". Kudos to the Gods of fast-and-light for hauling their camera along and using it.

Did you notice, though (you can check this in the Alpinist) that they never actually get on the wildest looking hanger he points out from the ground, but avoid it to the left?

Are you sure about the hanger? I thought that was the one Marko pulled under to the right...

I walked from the Thalay Sagar as well...zzzzz

Anyone see Josune last night? Awesome! One of the best shows ever, not at all what I expected. The section on the Walker Spur was classic. The one on Dave Birkett was pretty good as well.

I'm sure about that last hanger. The route line goes to the left of it, when they were climbing that one all rock pich.