Why the Alaska Mountain Forum sucks

johnkelley

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Good morning sweetie!

Hi2U! Would you like to see my light saber?

C8196.jpg

My, that's a big one.

Of course here at work, where everyone is half my age, I was able to impress all the SW geeks when I brought in my vintage "Escape from Death Star" game AND my vintage storybook (with full color). I might be a fosil, but I am a cool fosil.

Goddamn dude, your posts on this topic make me embarrassed to be from AK. I've followed you for awhile now. I've read about some of the dope-ass routes you've done, and have to say you've got some big freakin nuts to be climbing some of the crazy-ass shit you do, but you're really stepping over the line on this one man! I'm not so sure what to think of you anymore!!

First of all, this dude you are talking shit about has, as far as I can see, done nothing to you. In fact, as far as I can tell from peeking around that AMF site, he's gone to bat for you a good number of times when other people were gunning for you to get booted out of there for talking shit for no reason. Where did it go wrong? Its like all of the sudden you started in for the kill totally unprovoked. Did he recently run over your cat or something? I see good relations, more good relations, and then out of the blue an insult about him not putting up enough routes and shit.

Also, pretty goddamn lame to pick on a dude for gaining what looks like a few pounds after having a kid. Dude, do you have any kids? Everyone, and I mean everyone goes through that when they have a kid. Pretty low to pick on a guy for that. Don't fuck with the relationship between a daddy and his kiddos, don't even come close to it. Its unforgivable and despicably low. If you had kids, which I am assuming you don't (legitimately anyways), you'd know that.

This whole issue, both here and at AMF, you sound like a grade-school kid bully calling names like "fatty-fatty-fat-fat" and stealing people's lunch-money. Or in this case, a whiney little bitch who's got no recourse for some insult he had to take at recess, running home to mommy crying "he called me a such-and-such." Plus, Jesus man, he's proud of his little girl. Give it a break. Who wouldn't be? Don't touch that, man. Don't even try. Its a good thing, not a bad thing. Just thank god he's trying to be a decent dad instead of raising some future criminal like so many deadbeat dads these days.

You are really starting to disapoint me dude. You climb some raw ass shit by the looks of it. I've even looked up a couple of routes routs in the AAJ and they look legit. But you come on here and start bitching like a little girl about some guy who, from the looks of things is only trying to keep a struggling webboard free of nasty trash-talking? There are forums that allow anything, and forums that have rules. It seems that AMF has rules. If you don't like that, why do you post there? From reading the thread you've been talkin about, and alot of others where you've ran your mouth to the point of pissing everyone off, it seems that this mod, and the rest of the site staff are totally in the right.

May I close by agreeing with the statement that internet tough guys are about as weak as it gets. Give it a rest. Step away from the goddamn keyboard and go climb something! Its your climbing that I have respect for. The more time you spend talking shit about folks for nothing, the more damage it does to your good name as a climber.

I like the post on that board that describes you as a "drunken step uncle at the family reunion, sure he tries to embarrasingly feel up your cousin, but you know he think's he's smooth, and deep down you think he is just hilarious".

That funny shit dude.

Knock off the trash talking, keep up the good climbing.

I suppose we could, but we'd just wind up beating the shit out of each other, then having make-up sex. Its almost like a big, homeschooled, inbred, intimate family up here, except many of us hate each other. There aren't enough people up here to keep from gaining that "get a room" modus. I probably know a half-dozen folks that any one person has fucked up here. Its not like down south where someone can talk trash and not make waves. In AK, everyone knows everyone, or at least knows someone who knows everyone else.

...pretty goddamn lame to pick on a dude for gaining what looks like a few pounds after having a kid. Dude, do you have any kids? Everyone, and I mean everyone goes through that when they have a kid.

Bullshit, unless you're the woman having the kid.

John Kelley writes:

Ths ass Micahmcguire post a photo of him standing in the ocean holding a baby with his gut hanging out. All I did was ask if he was pregnant, it sure looks like it.

to which Chugachdude extrapolates from thin air and responds:

Don't fuck with the relationship between a daddy and his kiddos, don't even come close to it. Its unforgivable and despicably low. If you had kids, which I am assuming you don't (legitimately anyways), you'd know that.

and...

Plus, Jesus man, he's proud of his little girl. Give it a break. Who wouldn't be? Don't touch that, man. Don't even try. Its a good thing, not a bad thing. Just thank god he's trying to be a decent dad instead of raising some future criminal like so many deadbeat dads these days.

Goddamn dude, your posts on this topic make me embarrassed to be from AK.
Yeah, I'm sure you're considered a prize by many in AK, too.

whatever you say dude, you'r entitled...perhaps, just maybe, I know both of these people (just in case you aren't able to se through the sarcasm of that statement, I know both of these people through firsthand experiences). A tiny difference between AK and the West Coast, most everyone knows each other up here!

Edited by Chugachdude

There was nothing I saw in JK's post to warrant all the attention you gave in your post expressing sentiments along the line of:

"Don't fuck with the relationship between a daddy and his kiddos, don't even come close to it. Its unforgivable and despicably low."

You malign the guy for his criticisms of another for less than apparent reasons. You're doing the same thing here.

I know both of these people through firsthand experiences

BFD. Has JK said more to you about Micahmick and his kid than his post conveys?

Youre probably right dchristo, I am reading into why JK made fun of the pic with the guy and his baby. I never got to read the original posts that were supposedly erased anyways, but I gotta think that they were probably worse than JK described. Maybe I'm wrong. Who cares.

I've said my bit, time to move right along to another issue, the camel-toe

Elvis.jpg

It all started about five years ago right after I moved up here. I was looking for a local climbing partner so I posted an add on the local forum site, the pitiful AMF. Micahmcguire responded to the add asking me for a resume. I made a short list of what I'd done in the last few years and sent it his way. Not to brag but it was a pretty hot list. He didn't recognize any of the routes and responde that he "was not into babysitting me". He went on to say that "he didn't have time to teach me how to climb" and recomended that I take a basic mountineering coarse. What a jackass! In the following 5 years he has not done a thing, other than spread misinformation.