Why the Alaska Mountain Forum sucks

johnkelley

I started a new route thread that had alot of information not available anywhere else. All of the info I posted was first hand and highly accurate and of course I added my own flare to it. It was moved to their fucking spray section which is heavily moderated by an ass named Micahmcguire. Now my spray is erased and it's not even bad for spray. Ths ass Micahmcguire post a photo of him standing in the ocean holding a baby with his gut hanging out. All I did was ask if he was pregnant, it sure looks like it. What do you think about their heavy moderation and misinformation (lies) given out by their most censoring moderator Michamcguire? Posted on here to get some outside opinions and because he erased this same post.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude:

1. If you want people to go look at something on the internet, give them a link. It wasn't hard to find myself, but it's just s style thing ( http://www.alaskamountainforum.com/viewforum.php?f=37 ).

2. If your shit gets moved, banned, sprayed, ridiculed... get over it. It's the internet. you can't make people care (even if it's great beta) and if they ignore you, their loss. Also, it seems like there's a self policing thing going on: if you shits that cool and gets moved, and the community thinks it's worth getting back, they'll say something.

3. The dude's stoked to have a baby. Maybe you can stop being hardcore for a minute and think about that. Seems like you were asking why nobody was climbing.

4. Talk about clown behavior: why the spank is this posted twice on cc.com? Again, it's a style thing.

5. Whining in bad enough. Whining about getting your bad-ass thread moved is funny.

Nothing personal, I'm sure you're a cool dude, but this is what came to mind when I read you post; you asked.

EDIT

You know what would be cool? Go through the thread that was moved, pick out the good info, and move it to a new thread in the original topic. You know, cut out the crap, sort it out, and organize it. Leave out any editorial comments. I bet people would appreciate that sort of thing. Then the good route info would be out there, the mods would appreciate it, and people would realize you're trying to make the site better, not filled with spray.

cheers.

Dude:

1. If you want people to go look at something on the internet, give them a link. It wasn't hard to find myself, but it's just s style thing ( http://www.alaskamountainforum.com/viewforum.php?f=37 ).

2. If your shit gets moved, banned, sprayed, ridiculed... get over it. It's the internet. you can't make people care (even if it's great beta) and if they ignore you, their loss. Also, it seems like there's a self policing thing going on: if you shits that cool and gets moved, and the community thinks it's worth getting back, they'll say something.

3. The dude's stoked to have a baby. Maybe you can stop being hardcore for a minute and think about that. Seems like you were asking why nobody was climbing.

4. Talk about clown behavior: why the spank is this posted twice on cc.com? Again, it's a style thing.

5. Whining in bad enough. Whining about getting your bad-ass thread moved is funny.

Nothing personal, I'm sure you're a cool dude, but this is what came to mind when I read you post; you asked.

EDIT

You know what would be cool? Go through the thread that was moved, pick out the good info, and move it to a new thread in the original topic. You know, cut out the crap, sort it out, and organize it. Leave out any editorial comments. I bet people would appreciate that sort of thing. Then the good route info would be out there, the mods would appreciate it, and people would realize you're trying to make the site better, not filled with spray.

cheers.

Some words of wisdom here. These could be recycled for other whiners.