billcoe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budweiser Tall Boys... classic!

That you on the right?

Howard Stern on the left?

So why's the guy bogartin' the bong and chuggin' a Bud?? Seems like selfish multi-tasking to me.

Is it cuz he's the injured party (see lower leg)? Or are you guys just nice boys? :laf:

Looks like your everyday park bench. Besides the bong, beer, and shirtless dudes......no wait....I saw that the other day in pioneer square. :pagetop:

Note the rock wall behind, oh dubious one. Said park bench was at the very base of Big Rock, at Lake Perris in the wasteland between San Diego and Riverside. You could belay from the bench.

Ok, I have to confess I got Bill on this topic in the first place; I sort of bash another one of his posts earlier today.

(Bill... good idea to broach the topic here in spray)

The whole pot issue for me is a little larger than just climbing... sure I used to toke a fair amount WHEN I WAS A KID, but I grew out of it. It amazes me that "adults" still have the need to smoke.

But even with that said, specifically to the climbing community, the ratio of smokers-to-non has gotta be like twice the ratio for regular population! What gives?

What gives, I tell what gives, just because you have stopped doing something as a kid, doesn't make you an adult, now that is funny shite. Also I don't recall having the 'need' to smoke weed. Just like I like other things, I did as a kid and as an adult, I do it cause I like it. As for climbing and weed, it really depends on what I am looking for on my day out. If I am going to push myself, I will wait until later to fire up. If I am just hanging at the crag, then I will sometimes enjoy myself sometime with some herbage.

Oh I highly doubt that the smokers to non-smokers ratio is higher than normal people.

An easy reaction-time test.

Have someone hold a yardstick (meter stick) vertically at the top and pinch your fingers about an easily remembered spot, like 10". Then open your pinch.

Have the accomplice drop the yardstick unannounced. And pinch the yardstick as quickly as possible to prevent the drop.

Note how far the stick dropped by where you are pinching. Do this about 10 ten times and average to reduce the variability.

Now undergo your treatment of choice and repeat the experiment!

Post your results here!

An easy reaction-time test.

Have someone hold a yardstick (meter stick) vertically at the top and pinch your fingers about an easily remembered spot, like 10". Then open your pinch.

Have the accomplice drop the yardstick unannounced. And pinch the yardstick as quickly as possible to prevent the drop.

Note how far the stick dropped by where you are pinching. Do this about 10 ten times and average to reduce the variability.

Now undergo your treatment of choice and repeat the experiment!

Post your results here!

Even thought the yardstick is dropped unannounced, it's still not a complete surprise, as are some events requiring immediate attention while climbing. The only way you could test this would be a double blind experiment where subjects didn't know they were being tested.

The leader climber, or 'peeler', would have to be in on the experiment, as would the video person (the only way you're going to get decent timing information).

Any volunteers out there?

Edited by tvashtarkatena