Smoking pot and climbing thread

billcoe

Please connect the dots for me Kevin (a figure of speech for help me to understand). How does your new and revised statement relate to my original post?

Not sure I can help you on that one, but I will try once again. You made a reference about reimbursing rescue costs even thought the rescue is most likely because of bad judgment or stupidity. My question was what if the rescue was because a natural occurrence, like rock fall that is neither bad judgment nor stupidity?

The press - who is feeding this public frenzy about MLU's and Rescue Cost Recovery in Oregon specifically - is crawling this site looking for little gems and you guys are sitting around bantering about imparing yourself before during and after an activity that requires good judgement and fast decisions - and apparently Oregonians are particularly prone to this behavior. I realize that you guys seem to mostly be talking about rock climbing, and I think the press is focused on mountaineering, but I doubt many in the press or legislature are savvy enough to make this distinction.

Bullshit.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAR.jpg
"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening..... Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening...... Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk. I would never do that."

- Steve Martin

Please connect the dots for me Kevin (a figure of speech for help me to understand). How does your new and revised statement relate to my original post?

Not sure I can help you on that one, but I will try once again. You made a reference about reimbursing rescue costs even thought the rescue is most likely because of bad judgment or stupidity. My question was what if the rescue was because a natural occurrence, like rock fall that is neither bad judgment nor stupidity?

The press - who is feeding this public frenzy about MLU's and Rescue Cost Recovery in Oregon specifically - is crawling this site looking for little gems and you guys are sitting around bantering about imparing yourself before during and after an activity that requires good judgement and fast decisions - and apparently Oregonians are particularly prone to this behavior. I realize that you guys seem to mostly be talking about rock climbing, and I think the press is focused on mountaineering, but I doubt many in the press or legislature are savvy enough to make this distinction.

Bullshit.

Whoa! Better not tell the press about Chris Chandler's acid-induced exploits on 8k meter peaks. That would make kevbone's little ole rock climber friends seem pretty unextreme.

This is first-rate stellar legal defense:

"It's completely ridiculous,'' said Chris Cannon, an attorney representing the East Bay couple, who asked that their names not be used because they don't want their kids to know about the pot rap. "It's a disaster. I mean, who didn't smoke pot in the '70s?''

Yeah, who didn't smoke pot in the 70's ... but we don't want our kids to know that we smoked pot ... but the Canadians are totally retarded for caring that we smoked pot.

Sounds like they're stoned.

:laf:

The herb is not for everyone and it affects everybody in different ways. If it makes you nervous, tired, or distant than you probably shouldn't be puffin in the hills if your about to commit to something your not comfortable with. It seems as though some people have guilt about herb, maybe thats where the nervous energy comes from?