Rave: Peet's Boot Dryer

max

1_06_hikerele_tif.jpg

In the family Christmas drawing this year, my Secret Santa gave me a Peet's Boot Dryer. Intially, I thought it'd end up taking up lots of space in my garage and go unused. But after a few weeks, I realized this thing is great! I use this thing at least every other day and am considering getting one for my girlfriend (isn't it such a romantic gift?)

I've found it will dry the following overnight:

- my leather workboot, saturated after a day in the Bellingham rain.

- bike shoes (know any bike commuters? What's better than warm dry shoes in the morning?)

- running shoes

- mountaineering boots (these took a couple of days, but are double layer leather and were on the dryer in the garage over that wicked cold snap we had earlier this year)

- gloves, gloves, gloves. Work gloves, warm fuzzy gloves, and linered ice climbing type gloves. Peet's sells a special glove attatchemnt, but so far I've had great results w/o it.

- ski boots. I always let these sit for two days just to make sure they're dry, since the shell doesn't breathe.

I've also noticed no increased shrinkage (he he, he said shrinkage) when used on leather items. My work boot are a little tighter after using the dryer, but they shrink and stiffen just as when I let them completely dry at room temp.

Right now I've got a line up of a pair of runners, my AT boot, a pair of gloves, and my girlfriends commuter shoes waiting. I wish I had another dryer!

I'd highly recommend the Peet's Dryer to anyone who lives on the wet side and spends any amount of time in the elements. Having dry shoes (or gloves!) is not only a better way to start the day, but it also helps keep the funk down and extend the life of your shoes. The dryer itself is simple, quiet, draws very little power, and sells for a modest $40 MSRP (compare that to most ski shop boot dryers!). Peet's products are made in the ol' USA and have an unconditional 25 yeara warranty on it's products.

You can find the dryer at sporting goods, hardware, and work apperel stores. Also, find more info (and interesting foot facts) at the Peet's website: http://www.peetshoedryer.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one back in 97 when I traded a old rope for it. Was the best trade I ever made. The model hasn't changed a bit since. It does work as Max says. There is no fan just a little electric coil to generate the warm air, which rises to create a little breeze but not hard enought to blow gloves off.