Seattle Too Pricey for Normal People?

JayB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, she can use one of the new mortgage options, like a negative amortization interest only package that might make sense in her situation.

Your inhumanity knows no bounds.

ah hell, that's it? i was expecting a raving kerfoon about house price bubbles and bonds and market principles with attendant cutnpastes! i guess i'll just have to agree and say negams are a pretty crappy idea (although certain interest only's make great sense, given the right situation!).

Real estate agents either have tried to shoehorn us into tiny condos, or clucked sympathetically and suggested moving "at least an hour out of town." I've lectured many of them about our situation: "We moved here to be part of the city. We're good citizens and interesting, productive people. We're just not, at this stage of life, willing to spend every penny on a house. We need to save something for retirement."

There are so many things wrong with this paragraph. I'm sure the real estate agents were really fucking interested in that lecture. As new empty-nesters ready for adventure, starting to save for retirement while buying a house is a pretty good call. Oh, and wtf do they think money put into a house IS?

What does she even want? Should hard-working people with good hearts and the best intentions get cheaper mortgages? Should real estate agents be able to conjure cheaper houses?

Economics are a bitch. Anyway there's a conversation here.

Plus, she can use one of the new mortgage options, like a negative amortization interest only package that might make sense in her situation.

Your inhumanity knows no bounds.

ah hell, that's it? i was expecting a raving kerfoon about house price bubbles and bonds and market principles with attendant cutnpastes! i guess i'll just have to agree and say negams are a pretty crappy idea (although certain interest only's make great sense, given the right situation!).

Keep backpedaling SC. Neg amort and interest only home loans are pretty stupid for the average homebuyer.

Keep backpedaling SC. Neg amort and interest only home loans are pretty stupid for the average homebuyer.

backpedaling? from? if a buyer doesn't understand the life-cycle of an interest only or neg am loan, or understands yet is in denial about its impacts on future abilities to pay, or uses it in a situation where it probably shouldn't be used, then these types of loans are not a good idea. some lenders are tightening up policy, because they see the handwriting on the wall.

Meanwhile in the real world, the handyman at my fiance's ghetto apartment shot his girlfriend in the head on Sunday, then drove over to the vacant apartment upstairs from ours and hanged himself while we were asleep.

But I make these sacrifices so that I can ski on every day off and eat out at restaurants whenever I damn well please. Move to the ghetto, bitch.

backpedaling? from?

First you say

she can use one of the new mortgage options, like a negative amortization interest only package that might make sense in her situation.

then you say

i guess i'll just have to agree and say negams are a pretty crappy idea.

Geez, dude, make up your mind.

backpedaling? from?

First you say

she can use one of the new mortgage options, like a negative amortization interest only package that might make sense in her situation.

then you say

i guess i'll just have to agree and say negams are a pretty crappy idea.

Geez, dude, make up your mind.

i was trolling for jayb, and later in the thread bemoaned the fact that my attempt elicited something far short of what i was expecting. alas!

i hate having to explain something of this nature, but you were so sincere in your protestations....