Panhandle - Splitboarders???

Eerie

Are there any splitboarders in the panhandle? Is there any decent non-mobile accessed riding? I'm headed over to the area this week and coming weekend and am trying to decide whether to bring the split or just schweitzer it. If there are splitters, anyone down for a day of riding with a wetsider?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish, snowshoe hoofer and snomobile ride hitcher here...but an intimate knowledge of the Lift accessed schweitzer backcountry...how to get out and back in....but I can't keep up with a split boarder on my snowshoes!

Also, 7" on the deck up at the Lazier Center right now, another 4-6 predicted overnite, first chair at the quad tomorrow is the place to be tomorrow about 8:40!

blowboarder. Looks like Schweitzer is shut down today for high winds. Wednesday will be the day for the resort for sure. If you can make it up tomorrow and don't mind showing me some goods check your pm's for my number.

I've been up there probably 5 times or so over the years and can make my way around. But as you know it's always better riding with a local. Oh yeah, no splitboard for me tomorrow. Planning on all resort riding. If I'm paying for a lift I'm sure as hell using it.

blowboarder. Looks like Schweitzer is shut down today for high winds. Wednesday will be the day for the resort for sure. If you can make it up tomorrow and don't mind showing me some goods check your pm's for my number.

Yeah, fuckers, it was calm by 2pm but they called it at noon, got booted off the mountain by ski patrol over by chair 4, hiked Reservoir b/c all day, can barely walk. Oh and the post frontal mix was straight dumpage, inch an hour type snow when I was leaving.

I'm probably down for tomorrow, I blew off a lot of shit workwise today so I need to get shit accomplished before 7am if I'm riding tomorrow too. I'll call that number if I go.

Local secret, aim for the white spots, they're softer than the green ones. Also, anything on the left side of the Great Collide is gonna be so money tomorrow morning.

I must have missed your call - sorry bout that. I rode Wed and had the ipod for company. Pretty nice lines thru the trees down the ridge off the snow ghost chair. Thur I had a friend from CdA to ride with. Both days I was hoping for a bit more snow than actually fell. Oh well, it was still fun riding a resort for a couple days. Might try Silver Mtn on Saturday.

There's holes on Schweitzer with no cell coverage, prolly what happened. Wed you just had to know how the winds blow up there, it was either scoured out (most of it) or super loaded, waist deep retardedly light pow..x,y,z chutes, big timber, pucci's, all OB N or NE faceing aspects...I'd take that day any day and everyday!!!

Instead of Silver, I'd go to Turner Mountain outside Libby. They are only open Fri-Sat-Sun and have gotten pounded all week. Plus, one double chair and 30 locals ensure it takes all weekend to track out. That place with two feet is unreal.

Silver involves lots of traversing and double lift rides to ride anything steep.

IMHO.

Nope, the world's longest Tbar was up at Kimberly. I rode both and Kimberly always seemed longer. But not by much. Both were pretty miserable when you are 7, about 4 feet tall, and flying over the tall spots because the spring tension was too much.

But there was less folks skiing powder then.

Turner is still the best kept secret ski location in N American, IMHO.

Nope, the world's longest Tbar was up at Kimberly. I rode both and Kimberly always seemed longer. But not by much. Both were pretty miserable when you are 7, about 4 feet tall, and flying over the tall spots because the spring tension was too much.

But there was less folks skiing powder then.

Turner is still the best kept secret ski location in N American, IMHO.

Yeah, that was just what the sign said,but you know how those marketing guys are. Every year it would get cold enough to freeze those spring as well so it lifted everyone, I've also seen many bloody faces and twisted limbs from those things recoiling back, but it was all worth it on most days.

I hate you.

I'm moving out to LaClede, where's the good launches?

EDIT: I launched a couple kiting sized airs up there that day, one of which landed me halfway down Y Chute off the top rock, I'm still claiming Killingness.