Black Diamond Android Leashes

dan_e

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Android Leashes...

They are great untill the clips fall apart! I should have known not to trust anything with little techy parts and springs and shit.

Maybe I'll get another pair in a couple of years when BD gets their shit figured out.

As of now I'm writting them a letter to tell them that I almost died when BOTH of my leashes simutaniously fell apart on Syncronicity. I'm gunna demand free lockdown leashes or else I'm taking them to court for reckless endangerment. mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:
Fuck Android Leashes...

They are great untill the clips fall apart! I should have known not to trust anything with little techy parts and springs and shit.

Maybe I'll get another pair in a couple of years when BD gets their shit figured out.

As of now I'm writting them a letter to tell them that I almost died when BOTH of my leashes simutaniously fell apart on Syncronicity. I'm gunna demand free lockdown leashes or else I'm taking them to court for reckless endangerment.
mad.gif" border="0

Why does everyone in America climb with the leash, in Europe we now call the leash as aid, and to do a "free ascent" you must climb leashless. The good tools come with hooks for clipping to your harness belt or special sling and the leash is not required. This technique does provide stronger arms and hands though.

Its just this whole thing about being afraid to fall. I just can't get over it. I personaly like tool placements that act as a belay, with my wrist being an integeral part of the anchor.

Climbing leashless is fun and feels different, but I'll only do it on Toprope. Cuss I'm a wus.

Im sorry but this Leashless thing its not a measure of “Cajuns”, its an steroid exchange at best. I did it this way … You did it that way… Who the hell cares?! My main concern is; if I go to the mountain did I have an awesome time and return with all my limbs intact. If you want to play the leashless game more responsibly just extend to very long your leashes (just incase you got in over your head and for not to droping a tool). This will get your ego boost smartly, with out you loosing your head (literally). I came from the same neck of the wood as G-spotter but I still do not see the sense in doing so. rolleyes.gif" border="0 I guess for each and his own My $0.02

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

the idea to go leashless came from the first ice comps where climbers would pump out and fall off and hang from a well placed tool by the leash, dangling in space, unable to go up or down or reach again the tool from which they were suspended. in this sense it is not unlike an etrier attached to your tool which in the Canadian Rockies they used in former time.

i agree that on multipitch alpine the leash may be more necessary to prevent dropping because it could be serious if you were to lose a tool. but these routes have also different game rules so perhaps it is only at ice crags that the leash should not be used?

• 3 weeks later...