Axars or Black Profit

DPS

I am backing up my vote for the Prophets by buying a pair. Since no one in the US has the "old" BRS Prophet in stock anymore, I went to Barrabes. They made it worth my while, since 2 BRS Prophets cost the same as a single CF Prophet - 320$.

As soon as I get them I will be selling at least 1 of my venerable X-15s.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that Barrabes in Spain sent my Prophets to me within a week of ordering, very fast service. The tools came complete, leash, stinger pick, and head, for 168$ american. Thats a screaming deal for a brand new quality tool.

Thumbs up!!

Alex

I love my BP's. As mentioned previously you don't have to monkey with tools to change either pick or head. For me I have had such good luck with my BP's, X-15's and even my old Chouninard Zero X that it is hard to consider something else. When I looked at the Shrike for a new third tool, it was the grip that made me say no. Having clench my BP's for hours on end while wearing heavy gloves on cold weather climbs, the ergo shaft makes a big differance to me.

If you have not yet purchased, I suggest you take a look at the "The Fly" by DMM. Good price, nice swing, comfortable on the wrist and a smartly designed spike. If I wasn't such a Chouinard/Black Diamond fan, that's where I would probably put my money.

The Fly by Dmm is the kind when you compare to BD.

I have BD Prophets and say if you are starting out get Dmm Flys out of the 2.

How about that Predator? It looks like the &^%&%*? Never tried it..

I demo'd lots of tools recently and think the rage is just as good as the cobra too.

Overall the best buy for the cash seems to be the Dmm Fly. However the quark has advantages too. I hear the picks could be a questionable investment (short term) for certain reasons (availability).

-Ray

i bought a pair of BP's in september off of mountain gear they are on were (and still are) on sale for 179$ the weight isssue between the shrikes and BP is 2 oz. now usually the tools will be in your hands and not on your back so it does make a whole lot of diffrence, anyway i love my tools they sink with the flick of a wrist and plus my hands never get cold carrying them(the rubber coated shaft, which also creates ZERO vibration) if you are still looking to buy i know its kinda late but mountain gear still has the BP's for sale and its a great deal

Aidan