Climbing site?????

kevbone

So here are my thoughts.

I do not boldly state that I am smart. I do not have a degree in writing, hell I misspell words a lot. I screw up in my thoughts all the time, but……I am a climber. Instead of college and a “higher purpose”, I went climbing. I felt the outdoor experience, I lived in my van for over 1 year and traveled up and down the west coast and have met some of the kindest people around. Up until my child was born 4 months ago, I climbed up to 2 days a week for over 10 years. I am not the best climber or the boldest……but I climb.

Is there some hierarchy of online drivel that I have not been made aware of? Some of the chumps on this site slam me, make fun of me, call me out for my spelling and writing, but I NEVER here you comment on climbing. This is a climbing site, right?

Dechristo, you are smart and I enjoy your posting, but do you even climb? Seahawk, same question? Steven Segal…..same question? KK…..same?

At least G-spotter (how ever annoying) climbs. He does have knowledge of climbing. I have to show respect to him. Even if he is the most obsessed poster around.

Point is…..in my mind this is a climbing site, it would be nice if the obsessed (you know who you are) actually climbed and could contribute to climbing discussions instead of just spewing there intelligence of non related climbing drivel.

Spray is spray, and we all love to go there. Suggestion, go climbing!

Ok….enough babbling......

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you making membership rules Kevbone? Cuz if we all got to do that you wouldn't have lasted this long.

Besides your only climbing-related contributions to this site, that I've seen, are slamming people for TR-ing because you think this endeavor is purely motivated by "ego", advocating your psuedo-purist rules to climb by, and posting pictures of your fat rump hanging onto some crimps.

advocating your psuedo-purist rules

Read between the lines E_rock. I am at the other end of the “purist” category.

I am not make rules up. I just find it entertaining that the same people who slam me for not being “smart” don’t even climb or talk about climbing. Which is why we all signed up for this site in the first place, right? I would like to think beyond all the spray that we ALL have climbing in common, right.

Hence, "psuedo", since "anti" does not quite apply, purism pre-supposes a certain ethos, which, in your case, boils down to: "whatever the first-ascensionist does, I must do." Again, hence "psuedo".

I am not make rules up. I just find it entertaining that the same people who slam me for not being “smart” don’t even climb or talk about climbing. Which is why we all signed up for this site in the first place, right? I would like to think beyond all the spray that we ALL have climbing in common, right.

Wow, your brand of existentialism is, like, far-out. It's hard to imagine a world where people I have never met might not have the same interests as me.

Edited by E-rock

Hence, "psuedo", since "anti" does not quite apply, purism pre-supposes a certain ethos, which, in your case, boils down to: "whatever the first-ascensionist does, I must do." Again, hence "psuedo".

Wow, your brand of existentialism is, like, far-out. It's hard to imagine a world where people I have never met might not have the same interests as me.

Just remember one thing E_rock…..my daddy can beat your daddy up!

the laugher is that i try to not discuss my climbing trips on this site. Sure I talk/muse about wishful stuff in the future to do, but not actual climbing.

The only time i talk about past climbing (in general) is over pm's...

This site has too far of a spread of "climbers"...wannabe's, hasbeens, neverwere's, etc. etc. to have any kind of a real meaningful discussion about one's own climbing...

All of you climb like lost little children, shivering in a St. Petersburg January with big, sad eyes and nothing but a moth eaten shawl to fend off a cruel wind. You are worse than nothing, because you are something that should not be here. I could crush all of you with a single withering glance. When I piss, with one boot on Adams and the other on Hood, the Columbia River flows the color of lemon rind. When I fart, Mt. St. Helens observes a moment of silence. I forged Chelan with my ice axe, The Potholes with my crampons, and the Palouse when I made love to Hell's Canyon and ruffled the sheets. On my head, a lenticular. My jacket is a thunderstorm. I cut two holes in the Chocolate Glacier for underwear.

So, mites, quibble away about your mite conquests. I'm off to forge another Himalayas so that I may have a comfortable seat on which to drink a margarita made with the Greenland Icecap.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I'm off to forge another Himalayas so that I may have a comfortable seat on which to drink a margarita made with the Greenland Icecap.

jesus - where would you begin to get the amount of tequila required to prevent that frosty beverage from being hopelessly watery?

I'm off to forge another Himalayas so that I may have a comfortable seat on which to drink a margarita made with the Greenland Icecap.

jesus - where would you begin to get the amount of tequila required to prevent that frosty beverage from being hopelessly watery?

I'm working on desertifying the entire Northern Hemisphere to supply enough blue agave. Stay tuned.