Stolen gear recovered...file that police report!

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tvash, you are a fucking righteous dude :tup: :tup:

I've had my house robbed, and while the guy was still in the house, my girlfriend came home. Imagine how that phone call went. I still don't understand why she didn't call the cops first. Anyway, they managed to steal her deceased father's diamond ring and she still hasn't gotten over that. Stories like these make me think that fucker got what was coming to him, whether or not I was aware of it doesn't matter.

Lesson for shitbags: Remove the name tags, you dumbshit methhead.

Well if they were smart they probably wouldn't go around stealing shit. I hope they lock that fucker up. I think ill put name tags on my shit now, in hopes that if it does get stolen its by a fucking idiot too.

Way to be honest and call the original owner and see if it was stolen, versus coming up on a shitload of gear for $10 and keeping it. Thats good karma for ya.

Tvash,

I had all my climbing gear stolen at Popocatpetl, Mexico. Can you help me get that back?

Si Senor, pero solamente si tu eres una Supermodelo sin hogar que pasa hambre.

Update: a detective called me today and asked some questions. He didn't yet have all the case information in front of him, though. That is all.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• 2 months later...

Follow up:

The owner of the stolen gear came by yesterday with a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that were really, really good.

Unfortunately, the cops were unable to pin any of the shitbags in the household, all of whom had records, with this particular burglary.

Again, here's their address

5112 Leary Way NW. Big rotten blue craftsman, 2 story, with lots of junk in the yard.

Do not buy anything from these assholes.

It would be easy to charge the person in possession of the stolen property. They wont get him for the theft, but they can charge him with PSP-possession of Stolen Property. The degree 1 or 2 would depend on the value of the Property in his possession. If the victim keeps up on the case and keeps hounding the Detective, they will charge. The time he gets after being found guilty in the Peoples Republic of Seattle will depend on how many points he has on his record. If the victim doesnt purse the case, there is a possiblity of the case never being followed through with. If he has any issues with the prosecutor, its up to us to call or write on behalf of the victim to pressure them into charging the piece of @#$%!

A database for stolen gear is a great idea. Cascadeclimbers.com would be a very good forum, if a separate section was set up for the purpose of posting thefts.

There are similar sites for other sports involving frequently filched expensive gear, such as stolenbicycleregistry.com and Mariner Kayaks runs a registry on its website.

Sadly, there are enough shitbags out there stealing stuff the rest of us paid hard-earned cash for, that there is a need for these sites.

And three cheers for the climber who returned that gear to its rightful owner. The world needs more people like that.

The shitbag's address is 5112 Leary Way NW. Big rotten blue craftsman, 2 story, with lots of junk in the yard.

Do with this information what you will.

According to King County records, that property is owned by Stanley Nelson III LLC. The shitbags are undoubtedly renters. I suggest crime victim get the address for the owner off the WA Sec. of State website (because it's a limited liability company, it's got to have a registered agent), and let the owner know that the tenants are running a theft ring out of his property, and therefore, now that he's been made aware of this fact, he may be held legally liable for future activities. Then we'll see how long it takes for an eviction notice to get posted.