My Best Birthday I've Ever Had

layton

A month ago my girlfriend broke up with me in the middle of a huge depression I was having about me trying to finish school and it going poorly due to lack of patients and the administration not doing anything to help me. I wasn't able to support her because I was too focused on my own problems.

So instead of going out and getting drunk, I bought her chocolates and flowers and went over to her house to ask her on a date. She said yes and it was the best birthday present I could ever ask for. Even if it doesn't work out, I'll know it wasn't because I didn't try. And not with her, I really focused on changing the way I looked at my own life.

So for my birthday I not only got my girlfriend back, I also was able to have a major paradigm shift about who I am and how I view the world. And this is the best birthday I will ever have. Happy birthday to me! 30 years old!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next you'll have kids and a mortgage, be going bald, never go climbing, and work for Microsoft. Oh wait, ... thats me...

Happy birthday Mike! Relationships are a lot of work, but getting one's own head straight, a never ending process in itself, always helps.

The paradigm shift must have been that he had gotten laid and left that part out of the story. Damn dude, it sounds like you are going soft, pretty soon your new t-shirt designs will say shit like, "life like a box of chocolates". Out with the old sheep shaggin' and in with the carebears and shit. Scary...

A month ago my girlfriend broke up with me in the middle of a huge depression I was having about me trying to finish school and it going poorly due to lack of patients and the administration not doing anything to help me. I wasn't able to support her because I was too focused on my own problems.

So instead of going out and getting drunk, I bought her chocolates and flowers and went over to her house to ask her on a date. She said yes and it was the best birthday present I could ever ask for. Even if it doesn't work out, I'll know it wasn't because I didn't try. And not with her, I really focused on changing the way I looked at my own life.

So for my birthday I not only got my girlfriend back, I also was able to have a major paradigm shift about who I am and how I view the world. And this is the best birthday I will ever have. Happy birthday to me! 30 years old!

Yah….that’s great Mike….but did you get laid?

A month ago my girlfriend broke up with me in the middle of a huge depression I was having about me trying to finish school and it going poorly due to lack of patients and the administration not doing anything to help me.

Mikey: Can't help with the girlfriend thing, but if you ever, thats EVER find yourself in a jam needing patients just PM me and I'll be there for ya. I have my own money too:-) You're way on the wrong side of town, but I have a car and can get there.

Paradigm shift? And didn't drop acid to get there. It's a bizarre thing dude.

Thanks. And no I didn't make any comprimses about climbing or anyhthing like that. Actually working on myself instead of playing the victem payed off enourmously. I for once turned a failure into an opportunity. Since I turned 30 I figured I better grow up.