Christian Climbers.

gforceclimber

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like you virendra7, I don't really understand you, but would love to party with you. Who is that on the sax, Coltrane?

I believe everyone has there own "God" and should be allowed to define them how they want. My "God" or whatever, doesn't require that I convert anyone or go to church. It, he, she, requires me to go climbing more than 100 times a year, hiking, respecting nature, etc.

Coltrane had "A Love Supreme" for his God. And his god was ok with him shootin smack, I guess.

someone knocked at my door one sunday mo'nin and thru the door i answered ;" if it's not free sex, i'm not interested!!" i opened the door and standing there was the sweetest ,blushing little christian i've ever done for free.

let them knock i say....

the free sex religion is the Raelians

I like you virendra7, I don't really understand you, but would love to party with you. Who is that on the sax, Coltrane?

I believe everyone has there own "God" and should be allowed to define them how they want. My "God" or whatever, doesn't require that I convert anyone or go to church. It, he, she, requires me to go climbing more than 100 times a year, hiking, respecting nature, etc.

Coltrane had "A Love Supreme" for his God. And his god was ok with him shootin smack, I guess.

coltrane was into hinduism and found or was found by 'the ' 'god' after and thru his addiction.

i have made a solemn vow of manual celibacy therefore must pass on your sweet offer.

coltrane was into hinduism and found or was found by 'the ' 'god' after and thru his addiction.

i have made a solemn vow of manual celibacy therefore must pass on your sweet offer.

Virendra7, didn't you just come to CC.com during the Hood incident? Damn, 844 posts already? Watch out Dru, you've got competition!

She actually met with her pastor and confronted him with som e of the issues she was dealing with in regards to her faith and with being gay. It was pretty impressive to see the pastor's response. he said, "I am not the one who judges you, He is." So I interpret to mean that all people regardless of gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs can all go to heaven.

You're interpretation contains more than a spoonful of sugar. If interpreted against the backdrop of so much Christian anti-gay teachings, I'd say what the pastor was really saying was "It doesn't matter if I dissapprove; I'm just a man. It's the Big Guy that disapproves of your lifestyle." I.e., "You're fucked, little girl."

I agree with you a little here , Tvash

I never said I didn't like Dr. J, but the example set by his life has been somewhat, er, 'reinterpreted' by the vast majority of his followers.

"reinterpreted", That's a different topic. Notice I always use "God's Word"

As if it was straight from God, untouched by 2000 years of human interpretation, agendas, and multiple translations.

Riiiiiight.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

The ones who label all religions as evil are about as idiotic and reactionary as Pat Robertson, and usually don't even friggin' know what "religion" means.

So far you are the only one who has framed such a statement on this forum.

oh come now, don't play coy. here's the obvious:

Yep, I simply don't like having one of the things I love most contaminated by one of the things I find consider THE most despicable and loathesome trait of humanity - religion. Does that sound harsh? Bummer...

I'll leave it to your seemingly capable intellect to glean out the rest of the similar sentiments, although really i couldn't give a lesser crap as to what one's sentiments are in the end. we all go to our own grave in various states of enlightenment and ignorance.

The ones who label all religions as evil are about as idiotic and reactionary as Pat Robertson, and usually don't even friggin' know what "religion" means.

So far you are the only one who has framed such a statement on this forum.

oh come now, don't play coy. here's the obvious:

Yep, I simply don't like having one of the things I love most contaminated by one of the things I find consider THE most despicable and loathesome trait of humanity - religion. Does that sound harsh? Bummer...

I'll leave it to your seemingly capable intellect to glean out the rest of the similar sentiments, although really i couldn't give a lesser crap as to what one's sentiments are in the end. we all go to our own grave in various states of enlightenment and ignorance.

I skip over shit like that, oh Enlightened One. It is a mere pebble in the eight fold path.

Obviously there are more despicable human traits. Left lane blocking comes to mind.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

religion and spirituality are the tools we are supposed to use to get to know ourselves intimately and then over the years of our lifetime, conquer the traits that are hurtful to ourselves and others.

it will never be a safe heaven in itself. it is a road.

spirituality we all have.

religion and spirituality are the tools we are supposed to use to get to know ourselves intimately and then over the years of our lifetime, conquer the traits that are hurtful to ourselves and others.

it will never be a safe heaven in itself. it is a road.

spirituality we all have.

V7 - when you say "spirituality", what exactly do you mean??? It's an overused term

i wouldn't skip over it if pertinent to your claims, oh samsaric sufferer. logical consistency is the domain of science (as well as buddhism), although i will agree, left lane blocking offers a profoundly powerful opportunity for the practice of patience (i do put it differently!)

I lay claim only to the purity of nothingness.

Left lane blocking provides an opportunity for community...of my front bumper to their back bumper.