wider boots

letsroll

I have Garmont Megarides and Ilove them and the fact that I can use any binding out there. ALso they climb like a champ. However recently I have started to think that a wider toebox would fit me better for those long days and multiple day tours. I heard that scarpa's have wider toeboxes, is this true? I am also going to look into having my toebox widened on my Megarides.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the older scarpas sure do not have wide toeboxes. in fact they're pretty narrow. don't know if they've changed this with any of the newer models (i'm running lasers & 8yr old T1's). give a call to proski service here in seattle, they'll have some good suggestions for what you might want to try on.

i'm betting getting your megarides punched might be the way to go.

I punched out my Garmont G-Lites to widen the toebox. Heat up the plastic using a powerful hair dryer, use a glove and force the plastic out, then quickly dip in cold water to form. The boot won't look great afterwords (splotch marks and distorted plastic) but it works.....

why fuck up a pair of good boots. i'll lone you my scalpel and you can shorten you toes to fit the boot. i know it's kind of crazy but you know me, always trying to think out of the box.

also you might try the mountain shop. They got some tools to do a professional job at stretching out the plastic in boots. What about adjusting your liners?

Scalpel...mmmmmm...How about another trip up chair, this time I will wear tennies. That should do the trick. No more toes...lol

The mountain shop. Will head there. Rather pay some one to mess up my boots. My liners have been heat molded and seem to be fairly thin to begin with.

I agree with Beecher. Scarpas are (or at least used to be) pretty narrow. I had demo'd a pair of Lasers, but when I went into the Mountain Shop to buy a pair, they measured by feet and said "No Way!". It was true. I could wear a full US size smaller Dyanfit than Scarpa just because they are wider and I didn't need the large boot to get my foot into it.

I love the boots to climb in.