• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
wayne

best of cc.com [TR] Snow Cr Wall - N.Dih.Direct/Swing and a Praye

Placed 4 pins on 3 pitches,I believe. Thanks and hope you all can get a crack at this someday.

I predict that in future years (if it stays cold) that this line will become the cult classic for cascade hardmen.

Nice job, guys. Pretty. And Scary. = Pretty Scary?

Like the other person said, if Wayne was scared on P4, that is pretty full adventure (I seem to recall he has done some very impressive routes). Even belaying that P4 could be scary, since if the leader goes for a big ride, the belayer is also in the target zone.... I guess that says something about Gary's [justified] confidence in Wayne.

I got hurt badly on an ice climb once, so be careful out there. I know "the lure of the first is strong", so hopefully the next tempting new line will not be so thin and runout.

Thanks for sharing.

If it forms again in the next 20 years.

No doubt. With the last couple crap years, we're due for a few good 'uns.

Eventually it will be like Scotland where it doesn't have to form any ice to be a winter ascent. You will be able to go out and crampon and drytool up an established rock route as long as it's below freezing!