• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Physical Therapist in Seattle

I'm taking advice from the other thread and looking to contact a good PT in the Seattle area for my hip.

Does anyone have anyone they can refer? I welcome a number of refs b/c I'll need to check and find out if they are in my POS network.

Feel free to post or PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Kim Bennett in Seattle at Olympic Physical Therapy is great. She is a PT and Ph.D - 2063865600

It is hard to get into her practice, however, but once in appointments aren't a problem. Having been to another good PT I can say that Kim is in a different league.

If you can't get in with her, there is another women in the office who happens to rock climb and is also good.

I can relate. A few years ago I had some serious SI joint issues. It took going to 5 different PTs before I found someone who actually knew the biomechanics. It's amazing how the others just threw the usually PT stuff at me. Anyway - Olympic PT over on Mercer Is., in Kirkland, and in Green Lake area seem to have very good folks. The problem is that they are so good they are about a month out on scheduling!!! I know, I just made an appointment. These guys do some gentle spinal manipulation that got my joint back in place and then we worked on the stabilization aspect. Once in the correct position I went uphill fast.

I was, still am, unable to find a chiropractor that can set this straight when it acts up. They just seem to want to do the standard leg over the side slam, bam thing. Hey Layto - know any good Chiros in Seattle for SI work? You're too far away, otherwise...

Most chiropractors are good SI joint manipulators...depends if you like gentle techniques like Blocking, or drop table..or more impulse oriented straight chiropractic type...just call one that looks good and ask.

If you need a good massage therapist, I know one who works downtown Seattle. Works from a pretty good chiro's office. Really helped me get past my tendinitis and explained to me how I had all these muscle imbalances that were screwing me up. I feel pretty much normal now but still have to be vigilant about stretching for the tendinitis.

Bump,

I have been going to the Donaldson Clinic and wasn't impressed with the level of care given. I'm open to more suggestions, north end preffered.

Thanks,