MOUNT RAINER DC ROUTE

SUCHANYC

Does any one have a " downloadable" GPS track of the Camp Muir / D C route on Mount Rainer ? If not ... Does any one know if you can purchase GPS tracks from anywhere ? It sure would be nice to have a GPS track already loaded into the GPS to use as a reference and for an extra saftey measure. Thanks... My Email address is HikeBiker@aol.com

Edited by SUCHANYC

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've seen some GPS info on the Paradise to Muir section posted by Mike Gauthier either in an old thread here (use the search engine) or somewhere on his Rainier blog page, www.mountrainierclimbing.blogspot.com

link anyone?

In all likelihood, the 1' wide and variable depth trail to the top should be enough to get you there in a whiteout, as long as you don't go too early in the season :grin:

Yea, well...I've got a PDF with the GPS info. I'm just too stupid to figure out how to post the PDF to cc.com. If anyone can tell me I'll get it posted. Got the thing from the web and saved it to my hard drive, no it's stuck there; and I can't find the link.

OP - send me a PM w/your e-mail and I'll e-mail it to you.

Is this what you're talking about?

You can be in the park anytime as long as you've registered. You can in fact climb the mountain...via any route. The only thing is you have to walk (or bike/hike/ski/snowshoe/whatever) to get there. Mike's blog explains the details. I know I won't be going up there anytime soon. But a TR from someone would be cool. :tup:

Much of the route changes from year to year, from season to season, even from month to month depending on snow conditions, crevasses etc.

Use the breadcrumb backtrack feature on your GPS to find your way back down.

The route from Paradise to Muir stays the same though, and it is a good idea to have those compass bearings marked on your map as well as any GPS waypoints loaded.

Edited by Nick