malamute croc?

Fence_Sitter

Fence Sitter - I have been on the same side as you in previous arguments, but in this one you sound like a whiny little bitch. Erik is 100% right; you have no "right" to violate the property rights of BC Rail. From the access battles that I have followed, you stand a chance of striking a black mark against climbers in the eyes of BC Rail if you are caught (or even spotted, not necessarily arrested). Bide your time and put your pent up energy towards the access battle ('cause you're obviously not getting laid at that bible college [Wink] ). Join the fight, don't bitch from the sidelines.

Greg W

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

its not their rock...they do not own the rock...just the access to it...and i dawnt waaannnaaa cliimb another rock....i wannnnaaa climb thaaaaat one...[extremely whiny voice]
[big Grin]

Actually they do own the rock as far as I know.

Kudos to you for trying to not screw it up for everyone else, but why the angst? [Confused] There's tons of good rock elsewhere. If you don't wanna climb there then don't... And if you wanna then do... SRA (Squamish Rockclimbers Association) isn't asking people to stay away anymore, and has told BCR as much. Just try to stay within the guidelines of the access plan that the SRA put together, and be prepared to pay the fine without whining. [big Grin]

If these climbs remain closed for several years.....well, let's just say that they shouldn't be missed in your lifetime. You're a responsible person who isn't going to belay off the tracks or get hit by a train, and if it appears that the routes won't be open in the next few years, I'd say go for it. Of course, you should wait a year or two and see what happens, jsut in case progess IS being made, progess that might be hindered by your action.

The policy..although it may be legally sound...is absolute bullshit. Such choice crack climbing should be public domain, regardless of who owns it. I can understand the closure of Hot Cherry Bendover as it is in somebody's back yard, but the Malamute is entirely different. People have climbed there without disturbing anybody for decades.

so...what the hell is the deal with this lower malamute crap? i dont knwo anything about law, but it really seems like the railroad is stalling indefinitely... i am almost ready to say fuck it and climb there...i have been eying routes there since the closure... and everyday i think this is bullshit even more... what are your guys' thoughts on just climbing there? it seems quite obvious they are not fullfiling their part of the deal, so why should we?

stall tactics....i am all for cimbing there...but i am certainly more for the rights of the property owner...they do not have to ever ever ever let you climb on their rock........so instead of trying to make them bad.....figger on climbing something else...

thank you pope for being the voice of reason....i agree with your estimation of the situation... i think i will wait until at least next eyar or so...but it is bullshit...and you would think that if the railroad was really concerned for our safety, they would jsut simply put i signs warning of the dangers adn that would cover their asses... oh well...pleny of good rock in teh area but i guess it is a case of teh ol' grass i greener on the other side eh? whelp have a night all... [big Drink]

maybe i am jaded cuz i already done those routes....but still it is a situation you have no control over unless you start to help the locals work with bc rail........

so go contact the local squish boys and ask how you can help....

other then that.............u dont have shit to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

thank you pope for being the only voice that I agree with
[Roll Eyes]
....i will gladly go and ruin the access for others. i must climb those routes even though there are hundreds of others to choose from
[Wazzup][big Drink]

Even in the worst case...say old Fence Builder gets hit by a train and the Malamute is closed forever...this would not constitute the "ruin of access", only the elimination of POTENTIAL ACCESS. You can't ruin access that doesn't exist.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

There are 2000+ routes within 30 minutes travel of Squamish and only about 50 of them are at the Lower Malemute.

Personally, I'm not going down there. I've climbed Clean Crack so many times that my first knuckles are shaped like #3 Wild Country nuts. Furthermore, I don't view trespassing as civil disobedience....just disobedience.

On the other hand, the routes are superb, and if I were in Fence Rider's shoes, after waiting a couple of years to see the results of access efforts, I'd jump on it.

Drooo, follow your own logic. If Fence Sitter "ruins access" by his acts, there are still 2500+ routes within 30 minutes, and with these options, nobody should miss Caboose any more than Fence Poster is right now. Duh.

Finally, access can't be denied, it can only be verboten. Without razor wire, dogs and armed guards, anybody who is willing to accept the consequences can climb there .

quote:

Originally posted by pope:

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

thank you pope for being the only voice that I agree with
[Roll Eyes]
....i will gladly go and ruin the access for others. i must climb those routes even though there are hundreds of others to choose from
[Wazzup][big Drink]

Even in the worst case...say old Fence Builder gets hit by a train and the Malamute is closed forever...this would not constitute the "ruin of access", only the elimination of POTENTIAL ACCESS. You can't ruin access that doesn't exist.

Whatever it's not court. It's a msg board on the internet "bo". You understood what I meant [Razz]