Mount Kent Rescue

corvallisclimb

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear that you are recovering well.

I'm not the Gary you met there.

I kept thinking, "A car, a car, my kingdom for a car!" when the page went off, as I've done the approach to NF Kent before, but I couldn't set up a carpool with a fellow rescuer fast enough. I took the role of in-town OL and called base to give beta for accessing Mt. Kent -- not sure how much of my info was useful or made it into the field.

I heard some Tacoma folks also responded, and there was a SnoCat involved too? Also many thanks go to the physician you or your partner spoke with over the phone.

Glad to hear that you are recovering well.

I'm not the Gary you met there.

I kept thinking, "A car, a car, my kingdom for a car!" when the page went off, as I've done the approach to NF Kent before, but I couldn't set up a carpool with a fellow rescuer fast enough. I took the role of in-town OL and called base to give beta for accessing Mt. Kent -- not sure how much of my info was useful or made it into the field.

I heard some Tacoma folks also responded, and there was a SnoCat involved too? Also many thanks go to the physician you or your partner spoke with over the phone.

Totally cool.

Good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, you learned your lesson. I sure most of us here have had a minor or major accident at least once. Thankfully, most of the time they aren't as bad as yours. Eventually your ice axe will become a part of you. Good luck with your battle scars, and get well soon.

Hey, you learned your lesson. I sure most of us here have had a minor or major accident at least once. Thankfully, most of the time they aren't as bad as yours. Eventually your ice axe will become a part of you. Good luck with your battle scars, and get well soon.

It's most distastefull to see a n00b patronize.