Here we go again

Couloir

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wondered how many skiers and snowboarders will sustain similar injuries today at ski areas on Mt Hood.

I guess headlines like "Snowboarder bumps noggin on chairlift" doesn't get the same draw.

-r

On the bright side, at least they credited the rescue earlier in the week to the proximity of a doctor, and not his MLU.

Edited by ericb

More interesting was the guy who was stabbed from behind in the library by someone he did not know.

http://www.katu.com/news/5422961.html

Talk about an extreme sport. Libraries can be dangerous.

I worked at a library about 15 years ago. One day a guy came up to the counter, mumbling unintelligibly. I thought he was just another drunk, but then he turned around and the back of his shirt was soaked with blood. Someone had stabbed him in the bathroom.

So, yeah, I'll take the mountain over the concrete jungle anyday.

Best wishes to the injured climber and I hope she recovers quickly.

Did you here this one?

Link

http://www.katu.com/home/video/5439056.html?video=pop&t=a

Channel 2 called them on their cell phone in the middle of it all to get the story. On the mountain trying to take care of his wife, waiting on rescuers and trying to save cell battery power and they want to know "hows it going"! The husband was real nice to them. I would not have been.

My avy beacon is an electronic signaling device. Does that count?? :crazy: Damn government bastards. Next they will put a tax on renting them too, so they can make some money off us. And what about the mountains that are not set up for a MLU, such as, oh every one but Mt. Hood.....

Stupid people............make our government work.........