All Religions are not Equal

KaskadskyjKozak

Actually, they are all equal: tools for dividing people into us and them, sanctioning murder of the other, oppression of assorted minority populations, and a savage collar on the lives of the believers. You're all free to believe what you want, but I believe all religions suck green donkey dicks.

Right on.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eric b-- our society is far more skewed towards religion than it is for the athiests. evolutions is not a theory, it belongs in a science class, creationism belongs in a social studies class. teach it there, i don't care but don't teach my child religion in science class. please. in my son's grade school, there was once a reading of the story of jesus's birth and another christmas related story the next year. gee--way to keep that religion out of the classroom. there wasn't a story about hannukah or ramadan or shiva. just jesus.

my son has been told on several occasions that his mom is going to hel b/c we don't go to church. gee thanks. 'preciate that nice warm fuzzy bit of christianity.

I knew this was coming back to the evolution debate again. Once again Evolution is a Theory. It takes just as much faith to beleive in evolution. So please don't try to teach my son something that is your religion (evoluction). You want to beleive you came from nothing fine, but don't shove that crap down my or my sons throat. I personally beleive they should leave eloution and creation out of classroom and teach science. There is plently to learn about the elements and how they work, that everyone can agree on. Science can move forward.

so are you saying evolution is bunk on all levels?

FUCK JESUS , FUCK GOD STRIKE ME DOWN PLEASE SO I DON'T HAVE TO SHARE A PLANET WITH SEAHAWKS ANYMORE.

anyone who would take on the user name of a nfl team is cheddar in my book anyway.

LOL nice post. Not sure what your doing with your post. Being funny, Being an ass, or just an angry person. Three way I could go.

1. Evolution I beleive in micro not macro. But see your willing to hate me over this I think.

2. Maybe angry with God for somereason? Maybe being funny? who knows?

3. Seahawk name. Hell this coming from someone with "pink" and a "666" LOL okay you must be taking the humor route.

seahawks, i am definitely an ass, but i save it for dumb shit's like yourself. i am not angry but making decisions on informartion given.

anyway if god made you then who the fuck made god. tell me, who made god and why did he make you so dumb.

Maybe just maybe Pink God comes from a place where there is no time. Just becuase this universe had a beginning and everything around us has a time, doesn't meen there not another place with out a start. Something will be mysterious until you die.

Dumb?? shit look at every living thing. Not even the highest super computer in the world can even figure out a rats brain. Oh wait they just mapped it.

it comes down to belief. choice or not. Hope your right for you not for me.

if you find a watch in a field would you say it just appeared? Or someone made it? You see what around you, choice.

But since I choice to beleive you want to call me a clown. Go fuck yourself with Hitler.

The fundamental problem with the argument from design is that it it extends to "the designer" as well as the designed. The being that you postulate must by definition be more complicated than any object or being than the being designed. Per your argument, it is far more improbable that the being that you postulate could exist without itself being designed by some other agent. If you insist that that - say - the bacterial flagellum could not come into existence without being designed by a higher intelligence, then this condition must also be true for the designe. To deny this is to deny the fundamental proposition that this particular argument is based upon.

Actually, they are all equal: tools for dividing people into us and them, sanctioning murder of the other, oppression of assorted minority populations, and a savage collar on the lives of the believers. You're all free to believe what you want, but I believe all religions suck green donkey dicks.

Right on.

how can one agree with this sentiment when the idea of "religion" hasn't even been defined?

If one implies "religion" is a set of beliefs one must adopt under the implicit threat of damnation and other forms of violence, then yes indeed, that religion fellates said green donkey dicks.

The fundamental problem with the argument from design is that it it extends to "the designer" as well as the designed. The being that you postulate must by definition be more complicated than any object or being than the being designed. Per your argument, it is far more improbable that the being that you postulate could exist without itself being designed by some other agent. If you insist that that - say - the bacterial flagellum could not come into existence without being designed by a higher intelligence, then this condition must also be true for the designe. To deny this is to deny the fundamental proposition that this particular argument is based upon.

Wow, Deep. Need to think about that. Are then saying that God is controlled by our limited reasoning?

But since I choice to beleive you want to call me a clown. Go fuck yourself with Hitler.

Jeez, did god know you were going to say this?

Yes God knew he was going to say this because God is all knowing and knows Seahawks words before they come out.

but seahawks believes in free will, and if god knew he was going to say that, then the idea of free will is patently false.

The weak point is "improbable"

Everyone knows that there are three kinds of lies.... lies, damn lies, and statistics.

The probability that we came into existence through coincidence happenstance and evolutions is awfully low as well, yet somehow we ended up here.

I'm waiting for one of you to suggest that it's God that constantly decides the momentum of every electron in the universe and that this should be taught in physics classes since we should "let the children decide...." Physics certainly would have been a lot easier if I could just have written down "God did it" or "And then, a miracle occurs" on all my home work and tests.

I'm waiting for one of you to suggest that it's God that constantly decides the momentum of every electron in the universe and that this should be taught in physics classes since we should "let the children decide...." Physics certainly would have been a lot easier if I could just have written down "God did it" or "And then, a miracle occurs" on all my home work and tests.

That argument is not very good.

You could look at a watch and say a man made it.

But how does it work?? A man made it!!!!

There alot more there to be studied that just saying a man made the watch.

All this criticism takes place in an insipid, cultural vacuum. The typical background of this group are Anglo-centric, ignorant, narcissistic, pseudo-intellectuals pontificating on "injustice", "subjugation", "discrimination" and a myriad of other topics whose worldview is impoverished, unidimensional, and softened by a comparatively rich, luxurious, and pain-free lifestyle. And the response to my initial post from people like Dru and ChucK only reinforces this thesis.

Wow! You sure read a lot into my questioning of your manhood.

Don't think it was Gods plan but he gave free will to all things he created.

This leads to another contradiction:

If God gave man "free will", why require faith in an unseen, unknowable, creator for the demarcation between eternal life and eternal damnation? That sounds like a game created by a sick, manipulative person if I may sound so offensively blunt. At the least, it doesn't sound like the work of a benevolant, loving God who loves his creation. In reality, it sounds like the creation of manipulative-minded humans who wanted to control the thoughts and beliefs and lives of others, and it was written down 2000 years ago and became a factual paradigm through thousands of years of superstition. And what of Satan? Another of God's creations that went haywire? Made before he even made humans?

Archenemy: That's a thought provoking question alright! How do I know this world isn't 'perfect' in some context? Perhaps, it IS perfect by someone's definition. In some ways, I would agree that the symbiosis of all life forms and the everyday ongoings of the natural world are indeed perfect- there's been many times in life- both in human situations, like just walking through a crowded market and watching what people are doing- or walking up a mountain and seeing bugs and spider webs and pollen and seedlings flying through the air and water cascading down and the clouds boiling overhead- how could it get any more perfect?

So the question is one of relativity again. Maybe saying man isn't perfect is itself a fragmented viewpoint. I will have think on that one.

kevbone: Just because "this is SPRAY!!!" doesn't mean every single thread has to immediately degenerate into the internet equivalent of a bunch of 13 year olds sitting around cutting farts and giggling. Even pink chimed in with some brain cells. Now go play outside with the other kids, dinner will be ready at 5. A knuckle sandwich!!! :battlecage:

This leads to another contradiction:

If God gave man "free will", why require faith in an unseen, unknowable, creator for the demarcation between eternal life and eternal damnation? That sounds like a game created by a sick, manipulative person if I may sound so offensively blunt. At the least, it doesn't sound like the work of a benevolant, loving God who loves his creation. In reality, it sounds like the creation of manipulative-minded humans who wanted to control the thoughts and beliefs and lives of others, and it was written down 2000 years ago and became a factual paradigm through thousands of years of superstition. And what of Satan? Another of God's creations that went haywire? Made before he even made humans?

Archenemy: That's a thought provoking question alright! How do I know this world isn't 'perfect' in some context? Perhaps, it IS perfect by someone's definition. In some ways, I would agree that the symbiosis of all life forms and the everyday ongoings of the natural world are indeed perfect- there's been many times in life- both in human situations, like just walking through a crowded market and watching what people are doing- or walking up a mountain and seeing bugs and spider webs and pollen and seedlings flying through the air and water cascading down and the clouds boiling overhead- how could it get any more perfect?

So the question is one of relativity again. Maybe saying man isn't perfect is itself a fragmented viewpoint. I will have think on that one.

kevbone: Just because "this is SPRAY!!!" doesn't mean every single thread has to immediately degenerate into the internet equivalent of a bunch of 13 year olds sitting around cutting farts and giggling. Even pink chimed in with some brain cells. Now go play outside with the other kids, dinner will be ready at 5. A knuckle sandwich!!! :battlecage:

The first pharagraph I think at first it was God plan to be around more. He walked with Adam and eve. I think God can not look upon man and sin. So not to destroy it he isn't here like he was at first. Also it not God who sinned but man who choose go his own way. So it not Gods way.

Steven...question...What the fuck do you think the last 15 pages where? Ill answer it for you.....spray! Folks spraying about this and that. Spray.

Spraying about religion.

My grandmother (god rest her soul) taught all of us in our family some important things. One of them was no talking about religion or politics at the dinner table. Well, I know this is not the dinner table but close enough.

That argument is not very good.

And your arguments involving a never-observed never-measured supernatural phenomenon are somehow better than readily observed and measurable phenomenon reinforced with solid theory? Why is, say, evolution amenable to religious attacks but not quantum theory? They're both 'theories', right? Shouldn't you be 'teaching the controversy' in physics classes? Or do you only go after perceived 'low hanging fruit'?

And what of Satan? Another of God's creations that went haywire? Made before he even made humans?

Seagal have any kids??? I bet you want them to be the best they can be if you do. Do they always do what you want?? You created them didn't you??? Why can't you control them??? If you give something free will sometimes they don't do what you want.