Watusi Rodeo

David_Parker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little hint....for those who have been eyeing Colonial peak/Watusi Rodeo.....this is what you've been waiting for. As far as I know it would be 5th ascent. Put your kahunas where your mouth is! ;)

Turn up the heat, stir the pot and see what happens. Monday T/R post reads....climbers stacked up at the base of Watusi like cord wood.

It can be done in one day.....or at least approach to base camp in afternoon and then do up and back to car in a day. This is NOT a weekend warrior route. This is same scenario Wayne and I waited for... and same time of year: multiple days of high pressure weather. Get it on Thursday or Friday or wait another year or two! No more excuses...

It can be done in one day.....or at least approach to base camp in afternoon and then do up and back to car in a day. This is NOT a weekend warrior route. This is same scenario Wayne and I waited for... and same time of year: multiple days of high pressure weather. Get it on Thursday or Friday or wait another year or two! No more excuses...

Why not climb something new instead of doing a fifth ascent. Its not like there aren't any sweet unclimbed lines out there. Besides, its a Twight route. sickie

And all this talk of Watusi and stuff is just so people forget about this:

http://www.pbase.com/nolock/image/40358123

Right?

Actually, no. I was in there last fri-sat. It's not anywhere near the conditions philfort's original picture showed. The ice is unprotectable snice, and it will be mostly a long mixed route at a pretty high standard.