new tools..

NYC007

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fangs/strikes and plunging don't matter... if the snow is so firm that you can't plunge the tool w/ a fang on it then it is firm enough to place your tool in high dagger position

but yes removable though the proto I saw didn't have a strike on it

and before anyone can make the joke yes there is a new neutrino and it weighs 32 ounces

no there arent new fangs are the same, there is a slot for the strikes and a allen bolt. heavy hammer replaced with same one from reactor.

John said:

fangs/strikes and plunging don't matter... if the snow is so firm that you can't plunge the tool w/ a fang on it then it is firm enough to place your tool in high dagger position

Thanks for that point, I have to say this oh to often..

looks to me like:

carbon fiber vs. aluminum shaft

cobra = straighter lower shaft with more severe bend up high, while

viper = more continuously curved shaft

resulting in:

cobra - plunge better, pound pitons better

viper - more clearance

it actually looks like the cobra gives an overall steeper hooking angle though.

all this is of course just from gaping at the photos, i've never seen them in person.

like you need leashes bryan :laf:

get some new crampons will ya!?! you're making all the kids around here looks like wankers when they can't climb wi4 in new fancy pons but you send 5s in switchblades :grlaf:

Got any laying around that you wanna get rid of? (can never let a chance go away for some dirtbagging) I finally got some soft shell pants and real ice gloves to climb in aren't you proud of me. :moondance:

i can't stop looking at those pictures. anyone who was at the show care to comment on the grip design? big hands. little hands. same as previous versions, different?

I wear large cloudveil drytooling gloves and I couldn't get my pinky onto the tool. Literally. If the new cobra's grip is as tight as the prototype they were showing at the show, and you have large hands, forget about it. Same with the vipers. None of the guys who wandered over to the booth with me could fit their fingers in the pinky grip either, one fat fingered desert rat couldn't even get his hand on without gloves!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i can't stop looking at those pictures. anyone who was at the show care to comment on the grip design? big hands. little hands. same as previous versions, different?

I wear large cloudveil drytooling gloves and I couldn't get my pinky onto the tool. Literally. If the new cobra's grip is as tight as the prototype they were showing at the show, and you have large hands, forget about it. Same with the vipers. None of the guys who wandered over to the booth with me could fit their fingers in the pinky grip either, one fat fingered desert rat couldn't even get his hand on without gloves!

BD has enlarged the fang so that all you sausage finger kids can get your mitts on them.

Anybody shopping for a pair of quarks or nomics? :laf:

toolz_crop.JPG