Job Search Tactics

archenemy

I'm looking for some input from you guys on how to better find a fucking job. So far, I have followed up with a few possibilities with the following correspondance:

Subject: Human Resources

Dear Hiring Manager,

Thank you for your letter of January 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a position in your department at this time. This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position in your department this February. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

Interviewee

However, I am not sure I am getting my point across.

Suggestions?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently job hunting. I get back letters that say. "We have found other candidates that are more qualified." when I felt I was over-qualified. I have a BS and tons of experience, are people with Master's applying to the same job as me? Just had an interview today and was asked back for a second interview. They stated that they will be interviewing all week for one position. Doesn't get my hopes up, that's for sure.

Well good luck.

I'm currently job hunting. I get back letters that say. "We have found other candidates that are more qualified." when I felt I was over-qualified. I have a BS and tons of experience, are people with Master's applying to the same job as me? Just had an interview today and was asked back for a second interview. They stated that they will be interviewing all week for one position. Doesn't get my hopes up, that's for sure.

Well good luck.

I feel your pain brother. I have a Master's and I been getting turned down. Hurts. I feel like I am getting rejected for prom or something. I'm going soft in my old age.

Hand deliver all resumes, meeting with hiring person if possible. Makes a difference as opposed to just mailing in a resume and expecting them to hire you. Of course, you could try to get in via nepotism, or as in my case my incredible Charlie Brown sincerity. I rarely wait longer than 30 minutes in the the pumpkin patch.