BREAK IN AND VANDALS AT HARRISON !

ALL CLIMBERS BE ADVISED:

Today at Harrison one of my HILTI's was stolen from the back of my Yukon! They broke the side window, and stole the equipment when we were working on some new routes. Luckily my new drill was with me and most of our gear. Has anyone else had this type of problem at this location? RCMP have been notified.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys may be tired of Tryones efforts, but I have had a similar incident happen to my truck in chilliwack. Frigg'n bastards smashed and grabbed some of my equipment, including my drill and bit case. Fuckers were in the parking area when I headed up to work on some limestone routes there. If I see them again, NO MERCY. I am out the bucks and the time to get my routes set before some other hacker moves in.

I climb a lot.

I use the Park & Ride a lot.

The best solution to car break in:

I go to the auto auctions at local Tow companies. I buy cheap cars, like a perfect 1980 VW Rabbit for $40. I use this to get to the trail heads and park it when I ride the bus. I leave it unlocked with nothing inside.

One time the stupid theif had started to jimmy the door handle (easy to do in older VW's) when he relized that the damn thing was unlocked. He had put the handle's chrome trim on top of the car and left the glove box open.

Why take nice cars to trailheads and leave nice things in them?

Kinda like a hot chick wearing a swim suit getting drunk at a Frat party and expecting nothing will happen when she passes out!

Or, you can get some of the security devices the South Africans are making to protect vehicles, one of them is a flame thrower. Really, it shoots flames upward across the window openings!

[ 10-04-2002, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: mr.radon ]

My partner returned to his truck after bailing on the approach to NE Butt Sleese, to find a Maple Leaf and "Welcome to Canada" drawn in the filth on his rear window. Surprise, surprise, while driving out, he discovered that the fuckers had loosened the bolts holding the cap onto the back of his truck. I think it's still up there, if you want it.