Elwha Wall(Olympic Peninsula) Beta

Sherri

Does anyone know if the Elwha Wall gets enough sun this time of year to make it a good option for these 50-degree sunny winter days? If it stays damp and shaded, I'll hold off on checking it out till later in the season.

The latest Olympic Mountain Climbing Guide seems to have enough beta to get started out there, but I would love to connect with some folks who are personally familiar with it and possibly do some climbing together there.

Most of the grades are above my leading abilities for the moment. :blush:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherri,

The Elwha is usually pretty slow to dry out (lots of seeps). If this weather continues you may find a few pitches dry enough to climb (Earth and Sky, One shot Deal, and possibly The Trench)would be the most likely subjects. Also, there is other climbing available in the Port Angeles area that is less known, quicker to dry, and has some climbs more in the 5.8 range If interested pm or e-mail me, and I'd be happy to go out and climb with you and show you around.