Mt. Truax 9449'

Dru

I climbed this peak on Saturday. From the end of Truax Creek road (2wd) this peak is a hike with a tiny bit of easy scrambling thrown in near the top. Great views of Chicotin country one way, and unclimbed faces, couloirs and so on the other way [big Grin] I could see Jordop's nemesis peak 8380 clearly too [big Grin]

This might curently be the easiest Fairley guide 9000+ foot peak you can climb. Takes 4-5 hours round trip from car with minimal bushwacking (except the part where a sharp stick poked me in the eye.)

I also visited the old Grey Rock mine and found some wicked crystals in the tailings. Went into the mine shaft itself but it was kinda dark and filled with water. I was worried about acid mine drainage so i didn't start wading in case it destroyed my boots.

No snafflehounds or cougars seen [sNAFFLEHOUND] Just freshiez [smile]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

[QB]
[big Grin]
I could see Jordop's nemesis peak 8380 clearly too
[big Grin]

QB]

[Mad] Arrghhh! I gotta showdown with that bastard next year! This time I'm gonna come at it from another angle so it won't see me coming [Roll Eyes] Actually, there are some primo runs up there I'm gonna check out in the Spring when snow should cover the bush -- maybe a BCMC trip to get some fresh, unassuming, socially maladjusted individuals (a BCMC prereq!)