Mtn Lion Attack

ClimbingPanther

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty irresponsible of those people to put themselves in harm's way like that. I resent my tax dollars paying Park Rangers to have to bail dumbasses like this out when their selfish quest for recreation gets them in over their head.

Edited by ericb

Sticking a pen in the cats eye is bad ass.

Hellz yeah! This is right up there with the diver getting half-swallowed by the great white shark and then gouging the beastie in the eye with his free hand and getting away.

Shit is cooler than retro-bolting and freeing old aid lines!

i heard that she is fat aid climber.

My favorite part is how they shot and killed two mountain lions and THEN sent them to the lab to see if either had been the one who attacked the guy... Awesome.

Damn those evil mountain lines for trying to survive in ever-decreasing environments. Why not just build condos and Targets in every forest and whipe them all out? Oh wait, that's already happening.

My favorite part is how they shot and killed two mountain lions and THEN sent them to the lab to see if either had been the one who attacked the guy... Awesome.

Damn those evil mountain lines for trying to survive in ever-decreasing environments. Why not just build condos and Targets in every forest and whipe them all out? Oh wait, that's already happening.

just be glad you're on the winning side

I might be on the winning side, but I'm certainly not proud of it.

It speaks to the human ego, believing that our survival is more important than any other animals. We're the ones encroaching on their space, they have no where to go, nothing to eat. Don't get me wrong, it was unfortunate for the guy and his wife, but we shouldn't kill the mountain lions for trying to survive, thats just BS.

I might be on the winning side, but I'm certainly not proud of it.

It speaks to the human ego, believing that our survival is more important than any other animals. We're the ones encroaching on their space, they have no where to go, nothing to eat. Don't get me wrong, it was unfortunate for the guy and his wife, but we shouldn't kill the mountain lions for trying to survive, thats just BS.

BS on you pork chop.

Spread some peanutbutter on yo ass and stroll out into wildcat territory and feed them yourself yourself if you are so concerned.

A cat that eats a human has to be stopped. Lead works. Nothing else will.

If you don't like it, figure out a way to thin out the human race.

Got my tongue stuck in my cheek there. I don't think we're the only species that looks out for number one though, we're just smarter (although this could be debated ) and more capable of doing so. Ya, I don't think they should have killed them either.

Yes and no... if wildlife officials can quell human fears of animals that have gotten "the taste of blood" then perhaps they can quell the redneck desire to poach and shoot animals at random. Up here bear attacks are really common and a very pragmatical approach is taken towards them: if the bear attacked unprovoked then the bear is shot. If the bear attacked because of natural reactions (protecting it's young, human in the trail etc.) then the attack is justified and the bear isn't killed. If no bears were killed every redneck would just assume that every bear was out to kill him and many more would be shot.

It's stupid to treat bears and cougars like criminals - but the public buys it and are to an extent thus willing to tolerate the presence of large predators.