Cheney v Wolfie!

Peter_Puget

Who is right?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is right?

In an interview taped to air for today's 'Situation Room' on CNN, Vice President Cheney responded sharply to anchor Woilf Blitzer's line of questioning regarding the pregancy of Cheney's lesbian daughter:

Blitzer: Your daughter Mary, she's pregnant. All of us are happy. She's going to have a baby. You're going to have another grandchild. Some of the -- some critics, though, are suggesting, for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family:

"Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father, doesn't mean it's best for the child."

Do you want to respond to that?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I don't.

Blitzer: She's obviously a good daughter --

VICE PRESIDENT: I'm delighted -- I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf, and obviously think the world of both of my daughters and all of my grandchildren. And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question.

Blitzer: I think all of us appreciate --

VICE PRESIDENT: I think you're out of -- I think you're out of line with that question.

Blitzer: -- your daughter. We like your daughters. Believe me, I'm very, very sympathetic to Liz and to Mary. I like them both. That was just a question that's come up and it's a responsible, fair question.

VICE PRESIDENT: I just fundamentally disagree with your perspective.

Edited by Peter_Puget

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As Off White suggested, I think the fact that Cheney's party and his office has used their stance against gay marriage as a political tool makes it not only a perfectly fair question, but an important one in the moral sense of how can these people exploit the fears and prejudices of the American people the way they do.

I admire him to the extent that he stands by his daughter if that is what he's doing rather than simply looking for political expediency in shutting down all attack - and we don't really know whether and to what extent he has supported his daughter in her lifestyle choices or sexual deviancy or whatever you want to call it over the years but it looks as if there is some significant standing by. If he was a private citizen who had not been politically connected to if not directly involved in the issue I'd say it WOULD be an unfair question.

As Off White suggested, I think the fact that Cheney's party and his office has used their stance against gay marriage as a political tool makes it not only a perfectly fair question, but an important one in the moral sense of how can these people exploit the fears and prejudices of the American people the way they do.

I admire him to the extent that he stands by his daughter if that is what he's doing rather than simply looking for political expediency in shutting down all attack - and we don't really know whether and to what extent he has supported his daughter in her lifestyle choices or sexual deviancy or whatever you want to call it over the years but it looks as if there is some significant standing by. If he was a private citizen who had not been politically connected to if not directly involved in the issue I'd say it WOULD be an unfair question.

i think you need to not mix his stance on gay marriage from his stance on gays. opposition to gay marriage does not imply a dissaproval of his daughter's lifestyle. his private life, and even more so, his daughter's private life should not be in question.

kudos for you giving him credit for standing by his daughter tho.

my take on cheney is that he doesn't care about gays one way or the other. cheney is a republican power broker, and the republican party uses religious issues to get votes. the whole gay marriege issue is just a sideshow so bush and cheney can continue to stuff haliburton's pockets. a lot of people in this country don't seem to notice the indescrepancies so blitzer's question is a valid one.

Fair question by Mr. Blitzer.

It shows how one say one thing and act something different.

Mr. Cheney could shut the whole thing up by saying, "I support my President in what he says about gay marriage (becuase he is my boss), but I personally do not agree with it."