Plastic Boot Decision

Buckaroo

""I have a 17 year old pair of koflack vario extrem's. any chance of fitting the intuition liners in these antiques?""

No problem. $150-$160. Pro Mountain Sports, Feathered Friends, or Marmot in Bellevue.

(my bad if starting to sound like a salesperson, I'm not affiliated)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hopper

This thread has some folks talking about their experience fitting Intuitions into their boots.

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/628228/page/4#Post628228

Seems like the consensus is to go a little larger -- that's what they do at the Intuition factory anyway. That $30 price is pretty sweet, but I tried to ask them (at sidewayspeople.com) what particular model they're carrying, as there are a few listed on the Intuition web site. I never heard back from them. The Denali model at www.intuitionsports.com is cut quite a bit lower than the others.

And back to the original thread, regarding the Vasque Ice 9000's, like many technical pieces of gear, fit is important. I tried really hard to like these boots, but they were brutally uncomfortable on my foot.

They are pretty simple liners. They were made for snowboards and they look like a normal inner boot with a tongue. The material throughout the boot is uniform. I have a pair in my Koflach Verticals. The height is about the same as the stock liner, and they work fine.

I baked them at home in the oven.