Third Strike

Fairweather

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New lows are being hit almost daily. In addition to an old self-promoting curmudgeon moderator with reading comprehension issues, there is an overriding drug theme here that I no longer wish to be associated with; it includes K-12 teachers and moderators. If that were not enough, there are jackals who have nothing better to do than speculate endlessly... endlessly on the fate, fortitude, and intellect of 3 good men lost on Mount Hood. Shameful. And then there are regular death threats/wishes expressed against The President of The United States that go unmoderated and unchallenged. It's almost laughable that those on another website are regularly referred to by those here as haters, nazis, reichwingers, etc, etc, etc, when the level of unbridled anger, hysteria, and hate that exists on this very site is so profound.

And there is the hypocrisy. Amazing levels of it. Endless posters lambasting soccer moms who drive SUV's, even while they park their own Toyota 4-Runner at the trailhead or fly around the globe in a 747-300 chasing a pointless persuit - because obviously a climber's need for personal fulfillment and cultural enrichment is so much more legitimate than a mother's family transport. A 99%-to-100% lilly-white (based on pics in the gallery) user list lamenting the injustice they help propogate around the world. Amazing. And the materialism!! Oh my! All the latest cams, biners, boots, water filters, tents, ropes, gadgets and gizmos....but pursuing a dream with all the latest and greatest $$$$ gear hardly qualifies as materialism, right? And let's talk about education; there's plenty of edu-snobbery about here, wouldn't you agree? Many of the metro-males on cc.com regularly put their knowledge obscurus and higher degrees on display in leiu of genitalia. And it's not really important to them that the taxes borne by a humble garbage man or a single working mother helped subsidize their education - so long as they can confidently lecture the same about the evils of capitalism and America's complicity in virtually every world-ill recorded since 1776. Of course, many of these same posters were lucky enough to attend a private university. Let's not even discuss the privilege they likely enjoyed on the way to the admissions office! We have land-speculating yacht owners lamenting the plight of the poor in Venezuela, and a plethora of attorneys who, likely, have never missed a meal or a mortgage payment crying about rising health care costs. We have many posters - including a few teachers - who probably spend as much work-time surfing this place as they do performing the duties they are paid to do. And then there are the posters who claim to love freedom and justice - even as they gleefully sing the praises of prosecutions without evidence (La Cross players and Carl Rove come to mind) and call for the imprisonment of network executives. The list goes on.

I suppose I haven't been banned up to this point because my direct and unrefined challenges to some of the orthodoxy here lends both legitimacy to otherwise homogenous debates - and entertainment. JayB, Peter Puget, and KK will now have to suffice.

Don't go, Shane!

Plans-29518.jpg

We angry, hysterical, un-moderated, unchallenged, old, self-promoting, hypocritical, knowledge obscurus displaying, injustice lamenting, 4 Runner driving, soccer mom hating, humble garbage men trashing, pointless pursuit chasing, materialistic, subsidized, lecturing, anti-capitalist, anti-American, privileged, yacht owning, land speculating, drug abusing, web surfing, work skipping, network executive persecuting, lily-white, private university educated metro males will miss you.

FW, 3 strikes is followed with "yer out!"

I assume that you didn't like my logic and argument on the other thread.

My point is that the only place for people like you is locked alone in your closet. Stepping out may expose you to arguements you can't win.

Better you be wrong and not shown the errors of your ways I suspect is your true feeling.

"You are the weakest link": goodby.

FW, 3 strikes is followed with "yer out!"

I assume that you didn't like my logic and argument on the other thread.

My point is that the only place for people like you is locked alone in your closet. Stepping out may expose you to arguements you can't win.

Better you be wrong and not shown the errors of your ways I suspect is your true feeling.

"You are the weakest link": goodby.

get off your horse... nobody wins any arguments around here anyway.

I want to be good.

What year of 4-runner are you talking about? The newer one's are not nearly as cool as the one's from the mid 80's.

I would never question our government. I'm sure they know what their doing.

I just want to party with Fairweather for one night. That's all I need. But not until after my wiz-quiz so we can do it proper.

I've learned alot and from now on I will be a God-Fearing individual.