Speed record for Liberty Crack?

Jens

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hans Florine gave a slideshow here a few years back where he claimed a very fast time on it... 4 hrs? Less? My memory fails me. He has a website, I'm sure he'd answer an email if you dropped him one.

4 hours would be pretty slow for a speed ascent of LC, given that the Nose--which is three times the length and much more sustained--has been climbed in under 3 hours.

I'd say under three hours would be well within the realm of possibilities. I know of one party that did it in under 4. If you're dialed with short fixing and willing to simul climb it goes pretty fast, even for mortals.

Edited by sill

Hans Florine gave a slideshow here a few years back where he claimed a very fast time on it... 4 hrs? Less? My memory fails me. He has a website, I'm sure he'd answer an email if you dropped him one.

4 hours would be pretty slow for a speed ascent of LC, given that the Nose--which is three times the length and much more sustained--has been climbed in under 3 hours.

ummmm but he's climbed the nose like a million times already and has it wired, whereas LC would have been onsight?