Extinct- Bump skiiers?

Jens

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be kidding, blame snowboarders for the lack of moguls?

Also, snowboards have a shorter turn radius than the old skis, not longer.

I do in fact blame snow boarders as the main factor in the destruction of good moguls. While some of you boarders can cut nice turns I'd say a huge percentage slide sideways on their ass down the hill or go back and forth across an entire run destroying the few good lines that once existed. I will, however say that crappy skiers add to the problem, but not nearly as much.

If you don't believe which I'm sure you don't, grab a pair of skiis and take a trip to either Park City or Deer Valley. Upon arrival you will find long never ending runs of moguls and why you ask??? Skier only resorts. Both of those places still only allow skiers and funny thing is they still have wicked mogul runs even with the parabolic skiis everyone has.

Rules to live by:

"Short Skiis suck and Don't eat yellow snow." -Glenn Plake

I do in fact blame snow boarders as the main factor in the destruction of good moguls

Sounds like a load of bull shit to me. Beginners are beginners. Skis or snowboards, they both suck at their respective sports. The reason it seems like snowboarders are a bigger problem is because snowboarding has recently made up a dominant percentage of new participants at ski areas. Regardless, most of these beginners stay away from steep bump runs.

Moguls are out of vogue. I think modern grooming equipment is the biggest factor in the reduced number of mogul runs (thank god). The ungroomed (ungroomable??) bump runs remain in tact (upper nash), but runs like triple 60 are now groomed nightly.

Name a few ungroomed bump run that have suffered from the advent of snowboarding.

I ski all over North America and I honestly can't say that I've found any lack of mogul runs. They are mostly devoid of skiers, but that's all the better. The beginners and boarders stick to the groomed runs and I can ski the moguls with my wife and friends.

Who has skied sick moguls at Mt Baker? Not me, is this b/c of the ridiculous amounts of snow, or is it the majority of riders here being snow boarders or skiers with super fat skis making big GS powder turns. Personally i dont give a shit about moguls. Give me 18" of fresh any day. As far as the resorts who dont allow snowboarders- they are for butt wiggling homos who cant ski powder any how, let them have their "perfect" moguls just as long as they stay out of the powder up here!

I am a skier and most of my friends are snowboarders. There is really no difference in riding styles for skiers and snowboarders anymore. I think that skiers should be grateful for what the snowboarding industry has done for skiing. For some of you complaining about snowboarders maybe you havent rode with many good riders but I would suggest getting over the whole skiing vs snowboarding beef and get with the times. Skiing is changing for the better and yes maybe moguls have gone the way of the dodo but in its place are high speed powder turns. Its as close to flying as you can get except for huge whippers but thats what cliffs are for. So have fun up there, if its inbounds on moguls or hitting up the powder in the mountains but leave the snowboarders out of it.

Holy shit that was some of the funniest shit Ive seen i on this website. i love the title "2006 Hangboarding Highlights" with the heli footage, that dude going off the jump getting like 6in of air and almost breaking his neck. holy shit that is FUNNY. and it goes on forever, i couldnt watch it all b/c it was too funny, I had to stop. what it really needs is some thrasher meatal playing in the background, funny ass shit! thanx dude!

Who has skied sick moguls at Mt Baker? Not me, is this b/c of the ridiculous amounts of snow, or is it the majority of riders here being snow boarders or skiers with super fat skis making big GS powder turns. Personally i dont give a shit about moguls. Give me 18" of fresh any day. As far as the resorts who dont allow snowboarders- they are for butt wiggling homos who cant ski powder any how, let them have their "perfect" moguls just as long as they stay out of the powder up here!

I am a skier and most of my friends are snowboarders. There is really no difference in riding styles for skiers and snowboarders anymore. I think that skiers should be grateful for what the snowboarding industry has done for skiing. For some of you complaining about snowboarders maybe you havent rode with many good riders but I would suggest getting over the whole skiing vs snowboarding beef and get with the times. Skiing is changing for the better and yes maybe moguls have gone the way of the dodo but in its place are high speed powder turns. Its as close to flying as you can get except for huge whippers but thats what cliffs are for. So have fun up there, if its inbounds on moguls or hitting up the powder in the mountains but leave the snowboarders out of it.

Right on Tyee, you understand what it is all about, rippin high speed turns down a steep face. Wanna go get some 1st descents with me? My snowboard is in need of some sickness.

Jens you are a nefarious prevaricator

Dude uh what does that mean? Does that mean I get to drink beer?

----------------------

Love the dinosaur pic!

-----------------------

My mom just showed me an old photo of a pair of skis my grandpa made out of ash. Every single generation has skied going back 3,000 years- I guess we even hunted on em'.