WTB: Russian Etriers ("Aid-triers")

Colin

Perhaps you bought a pair when Trango was making them and then decided that you prefer normal aiders? In any event, I'm looking to buy some. Otherwise, if anyone knows of a place to buy them new, please let me know.

colinhaley1 gmail.com

206-334-3512

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

Unfortunately, Pete, FISH doesn't actually make the important part, they only make the daisy with rings, which is pretty useless without the stirrups.

Ordering them from Russia might work, but it sounds like a convoluted affair unless you can direct me to a contact of the supplier or retailer.

Any other ideas or leads out there?

Alpindustria is like the REI of Russia. They have all the Russian-made gear etc. and have at least 1 big store in Moscow. When I bring up their site, my browser has trouble with the Cyrillic characters, maybe you'll have better luck:

http://alpindustria.ru/ if it comes up "readable" I would hope there is a link to read the site in english, usually top left.

In the US, I'd try

Neptune Mountaineering

Phone: (303) 499-8866

Web: www.neptunemountaineering.com

I'm pretty sure Gary has contacts etc. with Eastern climbers too, and might be able to figure it out.

Lastly, this web forum is for some friends of mine's guiding service on Mt. Elbrus. There is a ton of traffic there, a lot of it from Moscow/St. Pete climbers/skiers/boarders. Though it is in Russian, you can post in English and will likely have a good chance at getting replies in English.

http://www.go-elbrus.com/cgi-bin/bbs_ru/bbs.pl

If you still don't have any luck, let me know. I have friends there who could probably help, and will probably be going myself in April/May and would be happy to pick some up for you.

Tom

Edited by crazy_t