Slesse

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ice, as of a week and a bit ago, was down to just above the "buttress toe" start. So doing the bypass you would need to cross the pocket and otherwise you would start with potential for icefaling on you.

As for the descent I hear you need to make 1 50m rap.

quote:

Originally posted by Highlander:

Anybody out there done the cross over decent, or have any good beta?

If you expect to bivi you will end up bivying.

If you dont expect to bivi you will bivi anyways.

If you cut open a snafflehound with your lightsaber you can make a mitten out of it to keep your hand warm

[sNAFFLEHOUND]

My armchair analysis for them-

I know they got one car and no bike.

Pocket of death glacier is pain in the neck, making for slow time, and maybe even the toe start.

Days are getting shorter.

Crossover still seems to require some downclimbing and possibly at night if they dont move quick.

Slesse Creek descent will require Drew and Ray to give ride since we be in the area (if they don't make a bivy) or walk\ride bike around. [big Grin]

My recommendation- bring your lightsabers guys [Wazzup]

Actually methinks we are going in and out via Nesakwatch Creek but whatever works. Maybe some helicopter will fly up and offer us a free ride downas was reported not long ago.

Incidentally I saw in the local paper that the two dudes from Portland, OR who flew in got "off route" during bad weather (I think it was the 15 minute snow shower I saw from Nesakwatch) and had to be rescued from a ledge by SAR helicopter after being reported overdue on Tuesday. [big Grin] EPIC [big Grin]