[TR] Paulina Falls Ice - Right Side of Main Falls 1/15/2007

Mike_G

Trip: Paulina Falls Ice - Right Side of Main Falls

Date: 1/15/2007

Trip Report:

We skiied into Paulina Falls on MLK day to check out the ice after a few days of cold, and it was pretty nice! This was my first time on waterfall ice, and it had been a few years since my friend, Troy, had climbed ice, so we just TRed the right (south) side of the main (north) falls.

DSC7397.jpg

DSC7409.jpg

DSC7274.jpg

Not being an ice climber, I'm not sure of the quality of it all, but we had a hell of a good time! It was fairly easy climbing, I assume, felt like about 5.8 on rock (if that's even a valid comparison). The ice was wide enough to allow two different routes squeezed in there, although the routes were pretty short. It was quite dry for most of the day, drier than I had anticipated. The smaller south falls looked climbable, too, although it wasn't as convenient to set up a TR there.

DSC7339.jpg

DSC7313.jpg

DSC7377.jpg

The four of us climbed until about 4:30 when the warm sun left us, then we boogied out under the crimson sky. I think Jen and I are hooked, although we kind of live in the wrong place to enjoy it very often... Anyone been up this week after a bit of warmer weather?

DSC7363.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic