• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Chriznitch

La Sportiva Trango Extreme Evo Light

anyone tried these yet? I am looking for a versatile boot warm enough for Rainier-type conditions. They are much lighter than the Nepal Evo's (3lbs 12 oz vs. 4lbs 9oz)

I wear the Trango S EVO GTX Boots which are very similar to the Extremes minus any insulation. Have worn them twice up Rainier. Have to wiggle my toes for 50% of the ascent to keep em warm. They feel light as a feather and are great on rock scrambles. If the Extremes where avaliable when I bought the S EVO's, I would have bought them instead.

yeah--that's a typo. They are under 4 lbs, which is pretty good.

So, Nate, what do you think of the Evo Ice? Pretty warm?

Ice evos are pretty rad... Light and comfy out of the box, but needed to put a new set of footbeds in them (the ones they come with are garbage). I haven't climbed in them under postholing conditions where I could see how warm they would keep me, but I do feel like they would handle any late spring neve climb without being cold! You should check them out if you get a chance... Not as insulated as the nepals, and no gore tex, but I think you would probably like em, especially if you are getting up to CO to hit the ice up a few times a year! Hey, are we going to see a TR from you soon!?