Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i broke down last night and got some Dryers French Silk ice cream, brie and crackers, and yummy sourdough bread, and some blueberry granola. hmmm maybe the body noticed some carbs were missing...

reading that made my tummy do the happy dance :moondance::moondance::moondance:

i broke down last night and got some Dryers French Silk ice cream, brie and crackers, and yummy sourdough bread, and some blueberry granola. hmmm maybe the body noticed some carbs were missing...

Okay, Alex, you win on the cheats last night. Yum!

I'm off to Pilates for a reformer class and will try to get in a couple of hikes this weekend to make up for my lapse.

Yesterday was our 6th anniversary. After dinner, we had a nice bottle red wine (I usually do every meal anyway; my wife, not so often) and some double-layer, double-chocolate cake with chocolate icing (my favorite, especially with red wine) that she baked for the occasion. She had one small sliver. I had two awesomely fawkin' huge chunks! Couldn't resist that shit.

I think I burned off a few of the calories last night though... 8D

That's not cheating--that's celebrating. ;)

Happy Anniversary! :wave:

Sherri's right Sobo! Definitely not cheating.

Nothing goes better than chocolate and red wine in my book! And well, we all know how I feel about icing :blush: Congrats to you and the mrs!!!!

Yesterday was our 6th anniversary. After dinner, we had a nice bottle red wine (I usually do every meal anyway; my wife, not so often) and some double-layer, double-chocolate cake with chocolate icing (my favorite, especially with red wine) that she baked for the occasion. She had one small sliver. I had two awesomely fawkin' huge chunks! Couldn't resist that shit.

I think I burned off a few of the calories last night though... 8D

see you burned it off. :tup:

awright ms muffy ..... get back to working out! you know what's good for ya.....

That's not cheating--that's celebrating. ;)

Happy Anniversary! :wave:

Sherri's right Sobo! Definitely not cheating.

Nothing goes better than chocolate and red wine in my book! And well, we all know how I feel about icing :blush: Congrats to you and the mrs!!!!

see you burned it off. :tup:

Awww, you three really know how to make a guy feel good. Oh wait, I did that by myself, with help from the wife... :blush:

Today's weigh-in: Up 2 lbs since 5/17 to 187, but a net loss of 5 pounds since jumping in this thing. I think it musta been the cake, ice cream, and wine from our anniversary. Obviously, I didn't "work out" enough that night... ;)

awright ms muffy ..... get back to working out! you know what's good for ya.....

after the 2615 calories yesterday, working out is exactly what i need to do :cry:

Original 5/7 weigh-in: 138

5/14 weigh-in: 136

5/21 weigh-in: 133

Today's weigh in 130 lbs! Down 8 pounds since we started this thing.

I am so happy though mr.rmncwrtr might be happier! He's really gotten on board with this diet and is making me yummy food that fits right in with the Eat to Live book I've been using. Last night he made Sherri's spaghetti squash. So tasty!

Original 5/7 weigh-in: 138

5/14 weigh-in: 136

5/21 weigh-in: 133

Today's weigh in 130 lbs! Down 8 pounds since we started this thing.

I am so happy though mr.rmncwrtr might be happier! He's really gotten on board with this diet and is making me yummy food that fits right in with the Eat to Live book I've been using. Last night he made Sherri's spaghetti squash. So tasty!

Excellent! :tup:

It's great to have that loving support. :)

140 pounds

3 weeks

3 pounds

I will take it :moondance:

That's great, especially with being benched from some of your activities due to the bum foot. Some folks would find it hard to make progress without any injury hinderance. Look at you go! :tup: :tup:

same here, i eat a lot this weekend but sucked it up and weighed in at 199 ,

last week 198

start at 208

i feel much slimmer anyway. went from 40's(omfg) to 36's

i tend to plateau like that and then boom, go down 5lbs.

may spend a couple days on hood next week so that will help

140 pounds

3 weeks

3 pounds

I will take it :moondance:

That's great, especially with being benched from some of your activities due to the bum foot. Some folks would find it hard to make progress without any injury hinderance. Look at you go! :tup: :tup:

You are the BEST support!!!!

thank you. i still feel kinda frustrated because i would like to be losing more faster. but i hate being hungry.

You are the BEST support!!!!

thank you. i still feel kinda frustrated because i would like to be losing more faster. but i hate being hungry.

You're welcome. :wave: You (and all the others participating in this endeavour) deserve the kudos. Change is hard(we're all comfort-seekers on some level), so choosing to change takes courage and succeeding at making those changes takes commitment. Each person has their own hurdles(work, kids, injuries, icing-fetishes) but look at how empowering it is to see each other find ways to clear them, one at a time, to get to where they want to be.

Don't worry about losing more faster. It's sweet in the short-term, but like you've discovered, you don't enjoy your life when you're going around hungry all the time.

Little by little is good. You'll still get there!(And it will be easier to stay there once you do. :cool:)

Sherri-doll, you are a beautiful and positive person, and I think I speak for most here when I say thank you for sharing your positive attitude.

Love to you!

so well said!!

please leave the double post as this should be repeated!!!

i really appreciate everyone here. like Jens said in his post about his feet.. cc.com is filled with people who really do care.

:tup: we rule