Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

Yikes. I'm going to need willpower of steel! I need to make chocolate covered strawberries today for a party. I asked hubby to do it and he said learning some self-control would be good for me :anger: But he also just got back in town and said I looked like I lost weight this week :grin: Maybe Monday won't be so depressing. Of course, that will depend on the weekend.

Suck on an Altoids or chew some minty gum while you're making them. Then, if you're tempted to take a little taste in a moment of desserty weakness, your palate will have that "no thanks, I just brushed my teeth" reaction, instead of salivating like Pavlova's dogs.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, three dozen dark chocolate strawberries made. I had a friend on the phone with me while I dipped them. That really helped me maintain self control. Of course watching my four year old walk around with a finger of chocolate isn't helping right now. But I shall persevere.

Thanks for the carob suggestions, Knottygirl, but these are for girls ages 5-9. Carob would not go over well. As for me I'd rather do without and wait for real chocolate. Carob does nothing for me. Kinda like margerine. Don't understand why anyone would eat that instead of butter. And thanks for the breakfast recipe!

Hang in their Couloir!!!!

Survived the chocolate temptation earlier, but the white buttercream icing on my fingers as I passed out cupcakes to the girls during the party was too much to resist!

So, what happened? Be honest.

The girls were finishing their dinner and I was going to pass out dessert, cupcakes. (They'd polished off all the choc. covered strawberries when they arrived.) I wasn't too worried about a cupcake lust incident after surviving the chocolate dipping earlier, even though as soon as I opened the plastic container, the sweet scent of the icing made my mouthwater. I chalked the reaction up to not eating dinner yet.

The first two cupcakes came out of container easily, but the third one was harder. After I placed it on a plate, I noticed icing on my finger. Just a little bit so I ignored it, thinking I would just wash my hands when I was done. (Yes, I really believed I was capable of washing it off and admit freely to being totally delusional at that point due to lack of sleep and hunger.)

With each cupcake, a little more icing accumulated on my fingers. The icing was looking pretty good and I was even imaging what it tasted like, but I figured I was safe.

And then disaster struck. A cupcake fell sidewards out of the packaging and hit my hand leaving not a dab, but a dollop of icing. Big enough to warrant a second look. Okay, a third look. I put that cupcake back and passed out another one instead.

But when I pulled back my hand, something happened. There was perhaps a nanosecond of hesitation, a tiny cry of self-control, but too late. My hand didn't reach for another cupcake, but headed straight for my mouth. My tongue immediately darted out to lick the frosting off.

Oh, man. I felt a tingle in my tummy. The icing tasted so good after what I'd been eating, and not eating, since Monday. I hadn't even had a drop of alcohol all week, either. But I figured no biggie. What was one little taste even if it was as close to Heaven as I'd been in days?

I used messiness as my excuse to justify my action since I still had other cupcakes to pass out. After all, I couldn't get icing all over the cupcake holders, right? I switched the container to the hand I'd just licked since I didn't want to get my germs on the remaining ones and continued passing out the cupcakes. Not a good idea since I'm right handed and that meant even more icing on my fingers. I was pretty much a goner by now.

With each additional spot, my wanting to slurp and suck the dabs of white off intensified. Had there been extra cupcakes I would have licked the icing off one of them without a second thought. But there wasn't, so I didn't.

I managed to control myself until all the twelve cupcakes were passed out. Then I stepped into the kitchen. I wanted to enjoy this alone because I didn't know when I'd get another chance for icing in the next six weeks. Slowly I licked the icing off, savoring the sweetness and texture, until nothing but the faint sugary smell remained on my fingers.

Lesson learned: do not put oneself in a position to be tempted.

Survived the chocolate temptation earlier, but the white buttercream icing on my fingers as I passed out cupcakes to the girls during the party was too much to resist!

So, what happened? Be honest.

The girls were finishing their dinner and I was going to pass out dessert, cupcakes. (They'd polished off all the choc. covered strawberries when they arrived.) I wasn't too worried about a cupcake lust incident after surviving the chocolate dipping earlier, even though as soon as I opened the plastic container, the sweet scent of the icing made my mouthwater. I chalked the reaction up to not eating dinner yet.

The first two cupcakes came out of container easily, but the third one was harder. After I placed it on a plate, I noticed icing on my finger. Just a little bit so I ignored it, thinking I would just wash my hands when I was done. (Yes, I really believed I was capable of washing it off and admit freely to being totally delusional at that point due to lack of sleep and hunger.)

With each cupcake, a little more icing accumulated on my fingers. The icing was looking pretty good and I was even imaging what it tasted like, but I figured I was safe.

And then disaster struck. A cupcake fell sidewards out of the packaging and hit my hand leaving not a dab, but a dollop of icing. Big enough to warrant a second look. Okay, a third look. I put that cupcake back and passed out another one instead.

But when I pulled back my hand, something happened. There was perhaps a nanosecond of hesitation, a tiny cry of self-control, but too late. My hand didn't reach for another cupcake, but headed straight for my mouth. My tongue immediately darted out to lick the frosting off.

Oh, man. I felt a tingle in my tummy. The icing tasted so good after what I'd been eating, and not eating, since Monday. I hadn't even had a drop of alcohol all week, either. But I figured no biggie. What was one little taste even if it was as close to Heaven as I'd been in days?

I used messiness as my excuse to justify my action since I still had other cupcakes to pass out. After all, I couldn't get icing all over the cupcake holders, right? I switched the container to the hand I'd just licked since I didn't want to get my germs on the remaining ones and continued passing out the cupcakes. Not a good idea since I'm right handed and that meant even more icing on my fingers. I was pretty much a goner by now.

With each additional spot, my wanting to slurp and suck the dabs of white off intensified. Had there been extra cupcakes I would have licked the icing off one of them without a second thought. But there wasn't, so I didn't.

I managed to control myself until all the twelve cupcakes were passed out. Then I stepped into the kitchen. I wanted to enjoy this alone because I didn't know when I'd get another chance for icing in the next six weeks. Slowly I licked the icing off, savoring the sweetness and texture, until nothing but the faint sugary smell remained on my fingers.

OMG, that has got to be, without exception the best Cupcake TR I have EVER read. I was on the edge of my seat, I could see it unfolding, like when you yell "nooooooo" at the movie screen when the teenagers head BACK into the chainsawyer's house, and yet, even though I could almost taste the icing on your fingers myself, I thought, "don't worry, she'll be ok, if she's coherent enough to be worried about germs(they're kids, they're made of germs!), she's got her wits about her" but then, almost inevitably IT happened. It was sad, tragic even, but tender. We're all human, afterall, right? We have needs that can't be met with celery sticks. In fact, it was a downright beautiful moment. Full of sweetness and guilt, seduction and passion, frosting....

I need a cigarette. :P

...I wasn't too worried about a cupcake lust incident after surviving the chocolate dipping earlier...

...was looking pretty good and I was even imaging what it tasted like, but I figured I was safe...

...headed straight for my mouth. My tongue immediately darted out to lick...

...Oh, man. I felt a tingle in my tummy...

...wanting to slurp and suck the dabs of white off intensified... ...Had there been extra, I would have licked off one of them without a second thought...

...I managed to control myself until all twelve were passed out. Then I stepped into the kitchen. I wanted to enjoy this alone because I didn't know when I'd get another chance in the next six weeks. Slowly I licked it off, savoring the sweetness and texture, until nothing but the faint smell remained on my fingers...

Yowzerz, do you write for a living? ;)

I felt all tingly inside after reading that, but now I'm feeling a little tired all of a sudden... 8D

scale this morning was back down to 142... going to try to walk a few miles again today...

:grin::tup:

Tip for the day: SIZE MATTERS

Food that's served in a small, deep dish makes portions appear bigger, and the illusion is a powerful one. (You'll think you're eating more than you really are.) Your eye registers height more so than actual volume(when I worked in the restaurant biz, presentation was paramount, as in "you eat with your eyes first," so we always built food displays "up" rather than "out".)

Throw out your dinner plates--they're evil. :eveeel: Eat your cereal from a coffee mug, your dinner from a pie plate or pasta dish with high sides, your ice cream from a ramekin(custard cup). Your portions will magically shrink, and your appetite will still be satisfied.

Once you lose the weight, continue this habit and you'll be in good stead to keep it from coming back. I've used this little trick for years. :tup:

I can't stop reading this.

You were the one who asked what happened and told me to be honest so I was, Couloir.

I was good today, no cheating at all. Wasn't even tempted thank goodness. Tomorrow might be another story since we're going with my parents to a Mother's Day brunch at a winery. I am going to have a glass of wine or champagne, but that's the only thing I'm allowing myself. Of course, I'm going to need every ounce of willpower if there's a dessert table. I can't forget weigh in is on Monday.

You were the one who asked what happened and told me to be honest so I was, Couloir.

I was good today, no cheating at all. Wasn't even tempted thank goodness.

You're killin' us here! :(

Guess there'll be no sizzling read tonight folks. Move along, nothing to look at here. Sigh.

Edited by Sherri

I was good today, no cheating at all. Wasn't even tempted thank goodness.

You're killin' us here! :(

Guess there'll be no sizzling read tonight folks. Move along, nothing to look at here. Sigh.

:confused: You want me to cheat, Sherri? I thought you wanted me to save myself for your Chocolate Sauce Cake.

I've upped my count of the long flights of city stairs from 10 to 12 flights. :moondance:

today is sunday and the pig will lose.!!!!!!! damn it......

8am ......run 7 miles hard... ................9AM .DONE!.. INTAKE :water and cytomax

10 am... mt bike.2hrs..quick and sustained ..........12pm.DONE!... KILLER LAST 1/2 HR water and recharge drink only

2pm... hike hills with 40 lbs for 2hrs .... 4pm DONE.....

hell of a way to burn 2lbs....i think i need a nap now.......

mf fat gonna burn!!!

Edited by virendra7