Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silk pie does have its merits, but I have to say that as an accompaniment to ice cream, my Chocolate Sauce Cake is a far better option. It's like a deep dark, decadent brownie floating in a sea of warm chocolate pudding sauce. Just waiting for a cold dollop of vanilla ice cream to ooze into it, surrendering itself to the dark side, becoming one--the ultimate dessert.

I'm going to serve at Archy's and my wedding. :grin:

Since I'm married, Sherri, can we just have a fling after your wedding to Arch? Just make sure you bring that Chocolate Sauce Cake with you ;) That description makes me tingly all over!

Don't worry, there's plenty to go 'round. :tup: (of the cake, too. :P )

sometimes i just have to have love on a plate or in a bowel, on a stick.... where ever i can get it...

:blush:

well how do you spell it then :cry:

It's ok Muffy. You weren't far off--ice cream does go into the bowels, eventually. At the commune, though, we'll be serving it in bowls.

What's your fantasy flavor, so we can start stocking the freezer?

Edited by Sherri

sometimes i just have to have love on a plate or in a bowel, on a stick.... where ever i can get it...

:blush:

well how do you spell it then :cry:

It's ok Muffy. You weren't far off--ice cream does go into the bowels, eventually. At the commune, though, we'll be serving it in bowls.

What's your fantasy flavor, so we can start stocking the freezer?

i am a simple girl and i like simple things. my 2 faves are vanilla and pralines and cream. sometimes i like to try something something wild.

xooxxoox

ice cream mmmmmmmm

This has been a great thread. I have been participating, albeit, as a lurker. I weighed in, and could stand to loose 10lbs (against my better-half's judgement). So, I'm in. But I thought this would be a good time to re-post this as a great motivator:

:sick::laf:

ZfbTO0GlONU

Ahhhhh, a girl after my own heart. Vanilla is definitely where it's at. :tup: It opens so many possibilities...

We'll start each day at the commune with yoga and a trail run, eat yummy healthy meals, climb hard, massage each other's tired muscles, and end the day with a well-deserved scoop of creamy heaven.

That's good living right there.

And since this IS the weight loss thread, here's my tip for the day:

Before adding the dressing to your salad, sprinkle some vinegar on it(ideally a nice balsamic variety). Then, you can add only a small portion of the amount of dressing you'd normally use, because the vinegar moistens the salad and stretches the flavor of the dressing. You'll never miss it. Less is more.

Edited by Sherri

Ahhhhh, a girl after my own heart. Vanilla is definitely where it's at. :tup: It opens so many possibilities...

We'll start each day at the commune with yoga and a trail run, eat yummy healthy meals, climb hard, massage each other's tired muscles, and end the day with a well-deserved scoop of creamy heaven.

i am so there!!!!

This has been a great thread. I have been participating, albeit, as a lurker. I weighed in, and could stand to loose 10lbs (against my better-half's judgement). So, I'm in. But I thought this would be a good time to re-post this as a great motivator:

:sick::laf:

ZfbTO0GlONU

that totaly grossed me out :sick:

Before adding the dressing to your salad, sprinkle some vinegar on it(ideally a nice balsamic variety). Then, you can add only a small portion of the amount of dressing you'd normally use, because the vinegar moistens the salad and stretches the flavor of the dressing. You'll never miss it. Less is more.

does red wine vinegar work too?? it has fewer calories than balsamic i think...

I've been eating my salads with vinegar only, Muffy. Cut the oil completely. At least for now. With all the extra goodies and munchies I add to the lettuce, it's actually not bad! You can also grate apple and add oranges to make it sweeter.

Welcome, Couloir! Glad to have you on board :)

mr. rmncwrtr is baking brownies for school tomorrow and I'm about to die. Talk about a lust for chocolate right now. Must. Be. Strong. And stop taking such deep breaths.

I've been eating my salads with vinegar only, Muffy. Cut the oil completely. At least for now. With all the extra goodies and munchies I add to the lettuce, it's actually not bad! You can also grate apple and add oranges to make it sweeter.

mr. rmncwrtr is baking brownies for school tomorrow and I'm about to die. Talk about a lust for chocolate right now. Must. Be. Strong. And stop taking such deep breaths.

awwwww hunny :cry: i totally feel your pain.

I thought you were saving yourself for my choc sauce cake?! :cry:

Enjoying all that tingly goodness online is one thing(eating with your imagination=no calories to feel guilty about), but having those hot chocolately calories wafting past your nose right there in your own kitchen... :eveeel:...

Step away from the brownies.

And PLEASE tell me you didn't lick the beaters. :noway:

does red wine vinegar work too?? it has fewer calories than balsamic i think...

If you like it, then it'll work. I find the taste of wine vinegar a little bitey, whereas balsamic is smooth with a hint of malty sweetness, but that's just me.

Rmncwrtr is right about buffing up your salad with the add-ins. If you load it with enough goodies, you won't miss the dressing at all. :tup:(just make sure the goodies are things that grow in the ground, like sprouts, celery, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, etc) The more colorful your salad is, the more nutritious it is likely to be.

Stop it, you all are killing me. I am starving and all the latest posts are about food. Come on.

I weighed myself again though I shouldn't have, I am holding steady at 192. Friends are leaving town this weekend so we are going out, I am going to try like hell to not drink, mainly because I don't want to cut into my post ride beers on Saturday. Saturday should be good for me I am almost gauranteed to drop 3, but the sad part it is mainly water. It will be awesome if I hit 190 by Monday. I can already see a slight difference.

Hope it is going as well for others.

Drop the wieght so I can climb hard. That is what I keep reminding myself.

Stop it, you all are killing me. I am starving and all the latest posts are about food. Come on.

I weighed myself again though I shouldn't have, I am holding steady at 192. Friends are leaving town this weekend so we are going out, I am going to try like hell to not drink, mainly because I don't want to cut into my post ride beers on Saturday. Saturday should be good for me I am almost gauranteed to drop 3, but the sad part it is mainly water. It will be awesome if I hit 190 by Monday. I can already see a slight difference.

you are doing way better than i am!!!!

you are doing way better than i am!!!!

It is driving me crazy right now, but I really hope it pays off in the long run.

You can do it! Hey, even if it is "just water" (but whose to say it isn't, unless you've got one of those smarty-pants scales that thinks it knows the difference between body fat and water), it's still moving that needle in the right direction, which will encourage you that you're on the right track, maybe give you strength to forgo the extra beer(s) you might have knocked back had you felt crappy, consequently helping you to lose more non-water weight, etc etc. Vicious cycles can go in both directions. Ride that train to where you want to go!!! :wave:

Enjoying all that tingly goodness online is one thing(eating with your imagination=no calories to feel guilty about), but having those hot chocolately calories wafting past your nose right there in your own kitchen... :eveeel:...

Of course I'm saving myself for your mouthwatering chocolate sauce cake. How could you think I wouldn't?

I was a very good girl tonight, Sherri :) I did not lick the beaters, finger the bowl or nibble the crumbs in the pan. But boy, did it smell so very yummy. Even now upstairs, I can smell them.

On-line imaginary eating is going to have to be the way to go! Pretty soon we'll be having a lusting for chocolate chat ;)

Of course I'm saving myself for your mouthwatering chocolate sauce cake. How could you think I wouldn't?

I was a very good girl tonight, Sherri :) I did not lick the beaters, finger the bowl or nibble the crumbs in the pan. But boy, did it smell so very yummy. Even now upstairs, I can smell them.

On-line imaginary eating is going to have to be the way to go! Pretty soon we'll be having a lusting for chocolate chat ;)

EASY.............STEADY...............

i have come to the conclusion that beer is the devil. i weighed 145 this morning :cry::cry::cry:

so today i am pounding the water

not eating any leftover yummy foods

and eating mostly fruit and veggies.

*sigh*

imaginary on line eating does help. it's kinda like talking about climbing when you can't...

beer makes you retain water. can you go and sweat it out!? patience is key. determination is your middle name.!!!!!!!!

ran this morning. waiting for monday for 1st weight check.... i WILL be at -8lbs!!!

thats what i am hoping. stoopid water retention.

i have come to the conclusion that beer is the devil.

I couldn't agree more. Especially the good stuff. But lately, a good shot (or three) of vodka right when you get home and you can coast into the evening with water. But a nice cold Mirror Pond is VERY hard to resist.