Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that. Thank you.

So tonight I'll just eat seafood jambalya and only sautee with that evil spray stuff rather than butter. What are the rest of you doing?

Tonite the chef will be tantalizing your tastebuds with a first course of Sherri's salad especial, followed by hot helping of homemade lentil curry spooned over succulent spaghetti squash, accompanied by a leggy red with a naughty hint of spice lurking behind a lingering finish.

Care to join me?

Wow! Yes, I'd love to come by for leftovers!

I ended up skipping the whole eating thing last night after all. But today I brought a big bag of veggies to snack on!

Way to go Muffy for keeping off your two pounds!!! I swear that seems harder than losing it sometimes. You are a rockstar!

I like that. Thank you.

So tonight I'll just eat seafood jambalya and only sautee with that evil spray stuff rather than butter. What are the rest of you doing?

Tonite the chef will be tantalizing your tastebuds with a first course of Sherri's salad especial, followed by hot helping of homemade lentil curry spooned over succulent spaghetti squash, accompanied by a leggy red with a naughty hint of spice lurking behind a lingering finish.

Care to join me?

Wow! Yes, I'd love to come by for leftovers!

I ended up skipping the whole eating thing last night after all. But today I brought a big bag of veggies to snack on!

Way to go Muffy for keeping off your two pounds!!! I swear that seems harder than losing it sometimes. You are a rockstar!

it is really hard to not go over bored and reward myself :chebit:

The Dinner Party rules at my house are:

Come hungry. I've probably been cooking for at least two days to get ready for this thing.

If it's not in a bottle, don't bring it. It's not a potluck.

I'll take care of the cleanup. I don't expect to do dishes when I come to your house, so please don't try to do them at mine.

Before you ask for the recipe, the answer is "no." (even if there was a recipe, I probably didn't follow it.) But I am happy to give you a verbal synopsis of the process.

Don't feel obligated to reciprocate by inviting me to your dinner party. I hate being a guest.

My dogs are under the impression that you came to see THEM, so please dote accordingly.

You will be sent home with leftovers. Don't resist.

Leave happy. That's the whole reason we do this.

They are particularly fond of Aussie Shiraz. Something big and peppery, but a soft, velvety finish. Snobs.

Not snobs, connoisseurs. Do they like to play fetch with copies of The Wine Spectator, too ;)

Thanks for the recipe, Sherri. I can eat that on this diet I'm following. Sounds really yummy. And love your dinner party rules. Wish I lived closer!

i didn't lose yesterday, but i didn't gain back the 2 pounds either. i also didn't exercise yesterday. i think movement is the key.

WTG on keeping the two pounds off, Muffy! :moondance: You can do it.

All of you who have stepped on the scale since Monday are braver than me! :tup:

i didn't lose yesterday, but i didn't gain back the 2 pounds either. i also didn't exercise yesterday. i think movement is the key.

WTG on keeping the two pounds off, Muffy! :moondance: You can do it.

All of you who have stepped on the scale since Monday are braver than me! :tup:

every day... i am so neurotic. ;)

They are particularly fond of Aussie Shiraz. Something big and peppery, but a soft, velvety finish. Snobs.

Do they like to play fetch with copies of The Wine Spectator, too ;)

Thanks for the recipe, Sherri. I can eat that on this diet I'm following. Sounds really yummy. And love your dinner party rules. Wish I lived closer!

No, their momma is too cheap to subscribe to that. I just read it at the gym. :blush:

Glad the recipe fits the bill for your diet! I make the lentils in a big batch, then freeze it in smaller containers(it's one of the things I pack for my dinners when I travel, acts as an ice pack!) Same with chili.

Easy way to have a low-carb, low-fat protein on hand. Serve either one atop some steamed veggies, add a splash of hot sauce and a spoon of cottage cheese, and you're golden. :tup:

I wish you lived closer, too. Everybody is so far away. :cry:

I am going to marry Sherri. So all you bitches just back off.

Ok, so I had a salad for lunch and some beef barley soup. Unfortunately, I finished it off with a beautiful chocolate silk pie. Is that bad?

I'll be better tonight, I promise.

can we start a commune and all share sherri???

chocolate silk pie is never ever bad unless the person who made it doesn't know what they are doing. then it would be icky... or maybe if it sat out for like 6 days... other than that, it's all good.

HUG

in case you missed it i ate a warm yummy cookie and ice cream last night. sometimes i just have to have love on a plate or in a bowel, on a stick.... where ever i can get it...

Ok, so I had a salad for lunch and some beef barley soup. Unfortunately, I finished it off with a beautiful chocolate silk pie. Is that bad?

chocolate silk pie is never ever bad unless the person who made it doesn't know what they are doing. then it would be icky... or maybe if it sat out for like 6 days... other than that, it's all good.

HUG

in case you missed it i ate a warm yummy cookie and ice cream last night. sometimes i just have to have love on a plate or in a bowel, on a stick.... where ever i can get it...

Our commune is SO going to have ice cream. You'll fit right in Muffy. :tup:

Silk pie does have its merits, but I have to say that as an accompaniment to ice cream, my Chocolate Sauce Cake is a far better option. It's like a deep dark, decadent brownie floating in a sea of warm chocolate pudding sauce. Just waiting for a cold dollop of vanilla ice cream to ooze into it, surrendering itself to the dark side, becoming one--the ultimate dessert.

I'm going to serve at Archy's and my wedding. :grin:

Edited by Sherri

Silk pie does have its merits, but I have to say that as an accompaniment to ice cream, my Chocolate Sauce Cake is a far better option. It's like a deep dark, decadent brownie floating in a sea of warm chocolate pudding sauce. Just waiting for a cold dollop of vanilla ice cream to ooze into it, surrendering itself to the dark side, becoming one--the ultimate dessert.

Since I'm married, Sherri, can we just have a fling after your wedding to Arch? Just make sure you bring that Chocolate Sauce Cake with you ;) That description makes me tingly all over!

HUG

Our commune is SO going to have ice cream. You'll fit right in Muffy. :tup:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

How many calories a day do you set aside for bad stuff?

i shoot for one sweet treat a week. and i mean a GOOD treat. i don't want just anything. i wants something worthy my treat.i have cheeter sweets though. those 100 calorie packs help in a pinch.

Fuck, how did I miss this thread?

I'm fat, can I start now? Friend has a scale, I'll see what kind of depression I can go into standing on it.

you can join now :) the more the marrier. are you going to come live out our commune too?