Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't lose any, but i held my own. so far so good :)

for those of you gaining weight :fahq:

I'd much rather be a bit more rounded than be scrawny.

I think I held my own yesterday too, but I flaked on my workout. I'll be better today. I ate snap peas for breakfast--is that weird? Do you get strange food cravings when you start dieting?

Also, I read a short article in this week's Newsweek about Diet Coke. It talked about how habitual diet soda drinkers are generally overweight (they haven't proven a cause and effect, but it's interesting to note). Any thoughts on that?

i think it is the "habitual" part that makes the difference. and i do think it is true that habitual diet soda drinkers tend ot be over weight. but it makes senes... diet soda is marketed to those who are already battling some kind of food or weight issue. so is it the chicken or the egg? I have a soda on occasion and sometimes i choose a sugar one and sometmes i choose a diet. but i really like water.

16 days of fasting (ending tomorrow!) lost less then 10 pounds but a lot of inches. Still able to run, bike, yoga, and climb :). Now I think I will eat 100% raw for a month.

You and my wife would totally get along, do you ever eat at Chaco Caynon in the U district?

Edited by robmcdan

That's intense Knottygirl, but congrats on being able to fast for so long. That would be totally beyond me.

I have been fasting since lunch, and I'm frickin' dying.

Dude i had some jerky at 2:30 i thought i was going to die too *nods*

I've been drinking a lot of tea and stevia. The stevia is like a sweetener but it has 0 cals and it's natural (as far as I know). It sure as hell isn't nutrasweet or whatever.

I'd love a beer or any alcohol drink, but the doctors told me not to drink any until I'm done with antiseizure meds. It makes me :cry: but it does help with loosing weight.

Right now I'm down 7 lbs from my start date or down 3.5 from the contest start.

There are some burley city stairs behind my place to do laps on.

stop talking about food!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go play outside!!!!!!!

I did. i went out and hit grounders and fly balls to the boys. god i suck at baseball. but we had fun and ran around. does that count as exercise?

Just ordered pagliacci. Pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms. Man Im hungry. Enjoy your bunny food :grin:

you are just plain mean :tdown:

i hope one day you are old and chubby :nurd:

:lmao: Go Muffy!

So far I'm doing good, following the book w/o a problem. I'm cooking dinner right now, black beans, rice, tomatoes and a salad. No real cravings yet on day 2, but considering I'm going to pretty much a vegan diet from where I was (meat, dairy, fast food) I'm sure it'll happen. There's a box of Godiva chocolates sitting on my counter and I think I'll have mr. rmncwrtr put them away somewhere. He can dole a piece out as a treat when the going gets tough.

Does anyone know the best timeframe for weigh-ins to see your progress besides the Monday weekly check in here? I think daily would depress me if I didn't see results.

i weigh myself every day as i tend to be totally neurotic. i find that my best day is Wednesday. i am the lightest because i am the farthest from the weekend. for me the weekend is where every thing falls apart.

today has been a great day. i walked a mile and a half and lunch and it was GREAT!!! it is so good to be mobile again. i can't wait til i can RUN!!!

This goddam cold has destroyed my appetite. Fever of 101. Constantly drinking water. I'll waste away a few pounds just from being sick this next couple of days. The diarreah should help a little, too. I hope this is the max. My doc says it should be gone in 5 or 6 days. I sure as shit hope so, because I have a fucking marathon to run in 12 days from now.

Edited by lizard_brain

This goddam cold has destroyed my appetite. Fever of 101. Constantly drinking water. I'll waste away a few pounds just from being sick this next couple of days. The diarreah should help a little, too. I hope this is the max. My doc says it should be gone in 5 or 6 days. I sure as shit hope so, because I have a fucking marathon to run in 12 days from now.

ZICOM. serious. it's the shit. cuts the colds i catch form my walking petri dishes in half.

ZICOM. serious. it's the shit. cuts the colds i catch form my walking petri dishes in half.

I just heard of that. Just tried it. I guess zinc (Zicam) is the new stuff. I've gotten some pretty good recs for it.

:tup: it rules. i have only been desperately ill once this year because of that stuff :cool:

That sucks, lizard_brain. Take care of yourself.

Have you ever seen a naturopath before? I got hit with a nasty virus sinus thingy and could not afford to be sick due to an event I was scheduled to attend. Cancelling really was not an option so my naturopath had me take these three different things. It was a lot of pills, which I usually avoid, and I can't remember what they were right now, but they worked. I was able to fulfill my obligation and no one had any idea I had been so sick just a couple days prior.

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.

That sucks, lizard_brain. Take care of yourself.

Have you ever seen a naturopath before? I got hit with a nasty virus sinus thingy and could not afford to be sick due to an event I was scheduled to attend. Cancelling really was not an option so my naturopath had me take these three different things. It was a lot of pills, which I usually avoid, and I can't remember what they were right now, but they worked. I was able to fulfill my obligation and no one had any idea I had been so sick just a couple days prior.

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

I just suspect it'll go quickly because it came quickly, and generally when I am in good shape these illnesses don't tend to last too long anyway. My doc just said take it easy and rest, and start running as soon as I feel better, but WAIT until I feel better. He said it should be within 5 or 6 days, normal run. So I hope to be running Saturday!!!

:tup: :tup: :tup: