Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

I don't NEED to do anything about my weight, and yeah, thats right, I can eat anything I want, drink anything I want, and it does not matter what quantity either... I always stay at 175... Heh...

I can still remember those days. Enjoy it while it lasts, studmuffin.

Weigh-in this morning: 201.0

Thats what people told me ten years ago!

When does it end?!?!? I am already in my mid thirties.... maybe in another ten years time?!

i think that depends on who you are. my best friend has always had the issue of being too thin, and not being able to eat enough to keep up with her really high metabolism.until she hit 38 and quit smoking. she had never had to work out or watch her weight until then. my dad was the same way. for him, he started to gain in his mid 40's. but then my grandpa never had to watch what he ate ever.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sticking to my guns but i am HUNGRY damn it.

You can do it, Muffy! If you get hungry, eat like a bunny and munch on raw veggies.

My diet allows alcohol if it will help me make it through the six weeks. I plan to take advantage of that :)

It's all about the gut ecosystem. 90% of the DNA in your body volume is bacteria. If you eat a shitty diet and use a ton of antibiotics (or meat fed same) all you are left with is the bad ones and you end up fattening up.

thats not a half bad theory. i need to add more bacteria to my diet.

i am sticking to my guns but i am HUNGRY damn it.

You can do it, Muffy! If you get hungry, eat like a bunny and munch on raw veggies.

My diet allows alcohol if it will help me make it through the six weeks. I plan to take advantage of that :)

I made it til dinner time and i am sitting at 1720 calories for the day. not great but not bad either.

170. Will enter as the sole contestant in my own reverse-weight-loss contest and try to get back to 175 by June 1.

BEEFCAKE !!!!!

Well my first day was ok, moderate size portions, 1 sweet, no alcohol, 2 hours bouldering followed by a short run.

Edited by ken4ord

Hmmm. I don't think day 1 was a great success. Started out strong with half a bowl of cereal and an apple; took a dive for lunch with a 'double giant with cheese' burger at some greasy spoon in Cle Elum; 8 hours of driving followed; tried to go lean for dinner with a salad, but it was a chef's salad, which appeared to include 3 eggs and a half side of ham. I'll keep my goal modest - drop 10 to go down to sub-155 in time for the Calgary marathon (mid-July or so; think I'll run the half). Starting tomorrow, I guess.

Made it through the first day. No alcohol required. My son offered me one of his Ho-Hos that he got after his baseball game and all three kids were shocked when I said no. I'm really ready for breakfast this morning though. Chances are I'm going to be dreaming of chocolate donuts and Tillamook cheeseburgers very soon.

I want to post more assholish stuff like Kat and Oly, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I will post some things that help me.

Keep sugarless gum around. whenever you feel like snacking, chew some gum instead.

Drink more water.

Black coffee has very few calories and the caffeine will boost your metabolism.

Have some broth (beef, chicken, veggie) with your meals. It makes you feel more sated.

Allow yourself a treat every now and then. Maybe a twinkie or a burger every third day. Have a set item on a set day that you are allowed to have. Nothing more. It will give you something to look forward to and you will be less likely to cheat.

Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.

Good luck all.

i didn't lose any, but i held my own. so far so good :)

for those of you gaining weight :fahq:

I'd much rather be a bit more rounded than be scrawny.

I think I held my own yesterday too, but I flaked on my workout. I'll be better today. I ate snap peas for breakfast--is that weird? Do you get strange food cravings when you start dieting?

Also, I read a short article in this week's Newsweek about Diet Coke. It talked about how habitual diet soda drinkers are generally overweight (they haven't proven a cause and effect, but it's interesting to note). Any thoughts on that?

Also, I read a short article in this week's Newsweek about Diet Coke. It talked about how habitual diet soda drinkers are generally overweight (they haven't proven a cause and effect, but it's interesting to note). Any thoughts on that?

Prolly 'cause they are using it to wash down a Big Mac and large fries.

I read somewhere else recently that 1 regular soft drink (not diet) per day works out to about 10 pounds of weight gain in an average male over a period of about 1 year.

I hear my stomach rumbling, and I just say that's a sign that I'm losing weight.

:tup:

:grin: I'm going to keep your words in mind, lizard_brain!

And a big smooch to fendorfour for the suggestions. You're a real, sweetie! :)

So is everyone adding in exercise, too? I did a Pilates mat class yesterday as usual, but this weekend I started walking. I'm going to try and walk or hike every other day.

i remember when i was cutting weight for wrestling...it got so bad i quit dreaming about girls and dreamt about food instead...

oh, and i noticed sumpin like 4 out of 5 commercials were for FOOD!!! hahahaha