Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where are we at on this contest. I think I could smoke all of you on either the gain or loss competition (though I would much prefer to lose.) It would have to be high stakes though, something like winner gets to be part of a muffy/arch sandwich, withe sherri rubbing the feet.

Who is in?

So where are we at on this contest. I think I could smoke all of you on either the gain or loss competition (though I would much prefer to lose.) It would have to be high stakes though, something like winner gets to be part of a muffy/arch sandwich, withe sherri rubbing the feet.

Who is in?

:lmao::lmao: now thats funny thats a sandwich that needs no filling ;)

In the midst of my voluntary Beefcake4000 liftothon this winter I found that when I got over about 182 I hit the "wardrobe limit" and most of my clothes - but especially my pants - were maxed out. I had to unbutton my pants when I sat down, and some shirts that used to fit started looking like metrosexual clubwear. At that point I ended the experiment and dropped down to around 175, and then had a couple of injuries that put the kibosh on the lifting for a while and dropped back down to the long-term set-point of 170.

Since I absolutely hate spending money on clothes, and try to minimize my expenses in this area - I figure that if push came to shove my desire to avoid buying new clothes to accomodate my increased girth would keep any involuntary weight-gain in check. Anyhow - this got me wondering how much room for expansion most people have in their wardrobes, and whether this plays into anyone else's weight control regimen.

Four to 12? Not really that familiar with women's sizes, but what kind of a weight range does that encompass? Does either end represent an unhealthy extreme for you?

I've worn the same stuff anywhere from ~160 to a few pounds north of 180, but have spent the most time in the 168-172 range.

That range is from 120-140 (funny enough, same 20 lb range you have). Alhough I wear a 12 when I am 140, it is mostly b/c I like my clothes to be loose fitting and comfortable--I like room to breathe.

I am most comfortable at 130. I look too fat at 140 (where I currently am) and too old at 120 (not enough flesh on my face). Although I am not unhealthy at 140 per normal standards, it is considered unhealthy for me for medical considerations. My doc warned me to get back down to 130, and I need to do so.

That range is from 120-140 (funny enough, same 20 lb range you have). Alhough I wear a 12 when I am 140, it is mostly b/c I like my clothes to be loose fitting and comfortable--I like room to breathe.

I am most comfortable at 130. I look too fat at 140 (where I currently am) and too old at 120 (not enough flesh on my face). Although I am not unhealthy at 140 per normal standards, it is considered unhealthy for me for medical considerations. My doc warned me to get back down to 130, and I need to do so.

Were we separated at birth, Arch? A long lost sister? Seriously that is spot on both in the range of sizes and weights though I feel best around 126-8.

Were we separated at birth, Arch? A long lost sister? Seriously that is spot on both in the range of sizes and weights though I feel best around 126-8.

We probably were. I'm that evil twin people are always asking you about.

Thanks ZimZam! I really honestly think that posting stuff here and chatting with folks here helps. Getting advice and hearing stories from folks here is great! I never thought the "support group" thing was worth much, but I am changing my mind.

add me to that list. is it possible we are as set of triplets?

my smallest clothes are a 4 and i can wear those at 125 and under

i am sitting at 142 right now and am wearing 10's (but i like my clothes fitted) i am happist 128-132

I outsmarted you AlpineK and have been pounding the Ice Cream and am peaked out and ready to lose.

What is the contest: Gross pounds, percentages? How long is the contest lasting? What does Arch do for the winner? Rules/Prizes?

Somebody specify so I can get the incentive straight in my mind.