New route on Rusty Peak (Coast Range)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray you could get to Rusty on foot in 2 days (maybe not with Fred along) but why bother if you have a job and have the cash to spend? If you fly in you can take more beers [big Drink]

Rusty is Schweeeeet!

-

Rusty is thhe one on the left and the east summit is on the left of that.

Did you call your route the Beckey/Borbon?

Congratulations, Ray and Fred. With or without air support, the ascent of a new route has an element of adventure quite different from repeating a route that somebody else has done and, while you note that the route may not be a "classic" in the sense that it may not end up touted as a "select climb" and draw the resultant hoards, it was certainly a classic outing that I am sure you will treasure more than repeating, say, Liberty Ridge for the ten thousandth ascent. And I am sure you were fully stoked as you stood on top. The Coast Range is awesome.

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

Nice job Ray and Becky. Great picture, does anyone know the best way to clean drool out of your keyboard?
[Roll Eyes]

How many fa's do you think Becky has? 100? 500?

Just curious.
[sNAFFLEHOUND]

He used to make about 30 or 40 a year so... lets say 25 (conservative) x 50 years of climbing (also conservative) = 1250 FA's. [Cool]

Ray,

Nicely done. I've climbed/descended the South side gullies in May snow conditions. I suspect they might have provided you with a bit of entertaining looseness.

Did you camp at the head of the valley next to the moraine? If so, pretty good views of the ice routes on the north face eh?

GB